Reviews: Ellben

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 22

V-GO's Hotel & Guesthouse

Fethiye, Turkey

This is the place to stay if you want to relax a little bit when in Fethiye. The pool is good, the place is clean, and there's a shuttle to get you into town for 2 lira ($1AUD). The dinners they cook are nice as well. If I got back to Fethiye I would definitely stay here again.

• 30th Aug 2014

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I loved my time at Bahaus! The location is fantastic, the staff are super friendly and it's so nice to chill on the terrace. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps to add a cereal option to breakfast, Turkish breakfasts can get tedious after a while. But other than that, the rooms were fab too. I would highly recommend staying here!

• 18th Aug 2014

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

I loved this place! It's definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The room was like a little flat, and I managed to score a double bed. The bathroom was an actual bathroom, the showers were great too. The wifi was temperamental at best, but I didn't need it too much. Breaky is good aswell, just the usual continental stuff. The only negative thing was that the directions on Hostelworld to the hostel are wrong, don't take the 33 or 3 bus, take the SN1 or SN2 bus.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hey Ellen! Glad you a great time, sorry about the directions, Granada recently changed the whole system, took us awhile to get used to it but we have now updated the information accordingly! As for the Wifi, it was pretty sketchy but only because we were improving it, had to get worse before it got better you know?! When you come back, it'll be as fast as can be! Thanks for the review though, timing for your stay was inconvenient what with the changes but we're improving on both things

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Pros: wifi throughout the whole place, I managed to get a 6 person dorm to myself for 2 nights (score!) the staff are super nice, the bar is very generous, free sangria after 8.30, nice and close to the nearest bus stop. Cons: a bit of a walk to the beach (15-20 mins), 3 small common areas so you can't really talk to lots of people at the same time, 2 of the 3 computers weren't working. I really liked this hostel, fab value for money!

• 21st Jul 2014

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

Pros: awesome location near all the best tapas and bars, you get to know everyone staying as it's quite small, the staff are excellent and help with anything and everything, the beds are comfy, good power points, hot showers, quite clean, good wifi. Cons: the place is tiny! No common area except for a tiny kitchen. It was a shock to me at first but it grew on me. When arriving, it's hard to tell whether you have the right flat unless you know the address. Overall, the staff make this place.

• 17th Jul 2014

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Isaacs Cons: no signs or floor plan maps for rooms, creaky floors and beds, the corridors were super hot and humid (not so good when putting make up on!) staff are helpful but not friendly (the guys are pretty good though), not much atmosphere, not great for single travelers Pros: good hot showers, bathrooms were small but reasonably clean, mirrors in the corridors with good lighting and power points, good internet connection (fine for skyping), and the place is nice and secure.

• 12th Jul 2014

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Pros: super close to the bus station, nice and clean, lovely staff, great kitchen, close to a good supermarket, nice common room, basically a really good base to explore around the area, great value. And free tea! Cons: not enough showers (I could barely shower at all on my last morning as I waited 20 minutes and it was stone cold!), no blinds on the windows (sun sets at 11pm and rises at 4am-bring an eye mask!) Overall I had a lovely relaxing time at this hostel.

• 10th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and your kind words, we are sorry that we can not fit more showers into the building, all rooms do have curtains but blinds would be a good idea! thanks Please pop by again soon.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel's location is fabulous, right across the road from the train station. I was pretty happy with this hostel, it had a good vibe, how ever the bathrooms were always a little (or a lot) dirty and my locker under my bed was broken. I managed to work around it though. The staff were all really friendly, except for one girl who looked like she'd rather be anywhere but there. The breakfast was your average hostel fare. I'd recommend for the location.

• 7th Jul 2014

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our location. I'm sorry a member of our team let you down. We pride ourselves on our customer service so that is quite disappointing. I hope everything else was ok and wish you all the best with your holidays :) All the best, Edinburgh Team

Clink78

I enjoyed my stay, however I stayed in a girls dorm which was quite different to the one described on Hostelworld. The service was great, and the bar was good aswell. Location was fab! The only issues I had were that the wifi wasn't available in the rooms, and the showers were really annoying, you have to press a button every 30 seconds for water, never knowing what temp it'll be... A game of chance!

• 26th May 2014