Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Somewhere to Stay

Brisbane, Australia

No air conditioning and my room didn't have a window either - it was like a sauna! They did provide a fan but it just moved the hot air around. The place is quite old and a bit rickety and dirty.

• 24th Jan 2014

Smart Russell Square

One of the worst hostels I stayed at during a 3.5 month trip. This place is old, there were only 2 plugs in an 8 bed dorm, the showers are in the basement and to access them you have to walk through the common area/breakfast room. In the shower room everything is wet and there is nowhere to put your stuff. They try to suck every last dollar out of you, such as charging for using your locker in your room, and charging to use the wifi in your room. With so many options in London, stay elsewhere!!!

• 16th Dec 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry you were so dissatisfied with your stay. Wi-Fi is free in the common areas and one have to pay extra for the connection in the room. We are providing a budget accommodation and we don't want our guests to pay for the things they don't need. We realize that showers' location is a bit uncomfortable that is why we are planning a refurbishment. We hope to get a another chance to prove our good service and quality.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

The hostel is in the process of being renovated (bathrooms on second floor are being done up, etc) so some of the facilities are missing. I was in a newly renovated room that was missing a few things like curtains or blinds for the window. Also we had lights above our individual beds but no bulbs and the wires were hanging out. Once they finish the renovations this hostel will be very nice and modern. A few things to note - no elevator and lots of steep stairs, no lockers in the rooms.

• 15th Dec 2013

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the better hostels that I stayed at on this trip. My room was clean, bed was comfortable. The food and drink at the bar were great. Although it's a bit of a walk from central Amsterdam, the building felt secure and it wasn't a loud party hostel which I really appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2013

Thank you for you review and ratings! We are happy to hear you liked your stay in our hostel. We aren't very close to the central train station indeed, but we are close to the nightlife area and the museum district. They are only a 5 minute walk away from us! We are looking forward to having you again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The worst hostel I have stayed in after three months of hosteling across Europe. The beds are old and rickety. Two power points for an 8 bed dorm. The floors are ridiculously creaky so good luck sleeping. The entire hostel was so hot (in November I was walki around in a t shirt and sweating). They charge you for lockers and when you check out they rip you off and charge even more without providing a valid reason. I would have stayed to argue further but had a plane to catch. So disappointed.

• 15th Nov 2013

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

My favourite hostel so far after travelling for nearly three months. Staff are fantastic, couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The chill out area and bar are great places to meet people. My room was spacious, lockers are in the rooms and each bed has its own power outlet. Breakfast was basic but fine. Located really close to the main train station but a bit further from the centre of Munich (still an easy walk to the sights).

• 23rd Oct 2013

Youthhostel Bern

Bern, Switzerland

This institutional hostel has no atmosphere whatsoever. It is stark and boring, staff are disinterested, and there is no excitement going on there at all. Lockers are outside of the rooms. it is located downhill from the main town with quite a steep walk up to go sightseeing. Security was fine and the included breakfast was quite good and had more selection than most hostels offer.

• 20th Oct 2013