Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

The pool and backyard bar make this a very easy place to meet new people. The facilities are nice and the free breakfast is decent as well. The major drawback was that pretty much everyone on the staff was cold, unsmiling and unhelpful. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here very much!

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Mojzo Inn is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! The ladies who work here are absolutely amazing and genuinely cheerful and caring people. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay is the best that it can be. My stay here made my whole time in Vietnam a bit better! And the free breakfast on the rooftop is quite nice too!

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff here is amazing and the facilities are extremely clean. A breakfast of a very good noodle soup is included and it is just off the main backpackers area. Would definitely stay here again!

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The facilities and staff are amazing and I met some wonderful people here. The only downside is the location. It's a short tuk tuk ride away from the city center and not in a neighborhood that you would want to walk around at night in. Other than that, it's an excellent place!

Thanks for your feedback. We always recommend you use a moto or tuktuk to travel around the city at night. Safe travels

Natural Inn Backpacker Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is an average place located in a decent area of PP. Good value for your money but nothing special.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

This good hostel with a party environment. The staff and facilities are excellent, it was just a bit pricey but it was a comfortable stay.

Kikies House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff here are amazing, they helped us out with planning all of our day trips and were an awesome resource. We stayed at the 2nd house which is a bit lacking in atmosphere and the rooms could have been cleaner but all in all for the price it was a good choice. Location is good, right within the old city walls.

Afei Surf Hostel

Kenting, Taiwan

Afei is a nice little surf shop/hostel located 2 minutes away from the beach. Most of the staff spoke enough English to check me in but not much else. The vibe/service would probably be different during the busy season though. It is a 10 minute drive to town so you'll need to rent a scooter or catch the bus.

Journey Hostel & Bar

Hualien, Taiwan

It's a nice hostel with a small bar downstairs and a cute pond in the common room. The staff are very friendly and helped us figure out where to go and how to get there. It's a bit far from the busier part of Hualien but only ~10 min from the night market. My only problem was that sometimes early in the morning I had a hard time getting hot water for my shower and in Nov in Taiwan it's not quite hot enough for cold showers to be comfortable.

Chocolate Box Backpackers

Taipei, Taiwan

A very comfortable and friendly hostel with a helpful staff. The whole place is homey and the common room feels like you're hanging out on a friend's couch. Will definitely be returning on my next trip to Taipei!

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is an excellent hostel with very friendly staff and great atmosphere. I met several people during my stay here and was very happy with the accommodation. The only downside is that the beds are 3 high and it's a bit difficult to climb up to the top bunk. However, I'd easily stay here again!

Good location, a short walk from the bund and nice facilities.

Hostel was very clean and the staff was amazingly helpful. They have a bar on the main floor which is a convenient way to get a drink and meet some people. Good location too, close to the metro and some main sights.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

A nice, small hostel with a cozy common room where I met a lot of other travelers. The staff were awesome in helping me plan out my limited stay in Kyoto. I would recommend.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. Also we had a good time with you. Thank you!! We look forward to seeing you next time!!

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

A very clean and reliable hostel in a good location. Would stay again.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is more of a party hotel instead of a party hostel. The facilities are great and the roof top bar was enjoyable. I was here in the off season so it was a bit quieter but I still wouldn't stay here if you don't want to party. If you do though, it's a great choice!

• 27th Sep 2013