The Trip Hostel

Good people, good vibes.

• 12th Oct 2014

Macanudo Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Beautifully restored and decorated old colonial building. very chilled relaxed atmosphere. Great common areas including roof terrace. I'd definitely stay here again.

YaganHouse

Puerto Natales, Chile

• 29th Aug 2014

Casa Cima

Chiclayo, Peru

Really enjoyed my stay at Casa Cima. John and his family were excellent hosts, full of information about Peru, Chiclayo and the nearby ancient ruins at Tucume and Sipan. I stayed an extra night, met other travelers and caught up with the world cup! I would highly recommend Casa Cima of you are thinking of visiting Chiclayo.

• 20th Jun 2014

Viejamar Surf Hostel

Puerto Lopez, Ecuador

I extended my here as I really enjoyed this hostel. It's a bit out of town, but I quite like that. A great spot to relax, surf or swim, or in my case sit and watch the world cup in good company. I would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Jun 2014

Princesa Maria

Banos, Ecuador

Nice hostel a few minutes walk from the main streets of BaƱos. My room was large with private bathroom and a small balcony from which I could see the famous waterfall from distance. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good value for money.

• 30th May 2014

Colonial House Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Great hostel in the historical centre of Quito, a big old colonial building, as the name suggests. I had a garden room which was large, and although not advertised as such, the bathroom may as well have been private for me. Friendly staff who gave good advice on things to do and see. The breakfast cost extra ($3.50), but was with every penny.

• 24th May 2014

Park Life Hostel

Popayan, Colombia

Beautiful hostel, right in the park in the centre of Popayan, the location could not be better. Bags of character and charm, don't miss the 'secret' upstairs terrace.

La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

I love this place. Stunning location, super friendly staff and the evening meal followed by a bonfire is a great way to meet people. A real highlight of my trip so far.

• 28th Apr 2014