• Canada, Female, 25-30
Hostel The Roof, Cartagena, Colombia
4.0
18th Nov 2013

This is the worst hostel I have stayed at on my trip When I arrived I was greeted by the owner who asked me to pay immedietly without even showing me my room first I told him I'd pay him the next morning The hostel was a dump. There was garbage under the stairs and all over the back of the roof, and when I was there only 1 other guy was in the hostel. I felt so uncomfortable here I checked out the next morning and the owner refused to honor the deposit on hostelworld so I ended up paying extra.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
Drop Bear Hostel, Santa Marta, Colombia
5th Nov 2013

This is by far one of my favorite hostels! It felt like home. They have a lot of space to spread out and there were new puppies and kittens when I was there. The staff is AMAZING! They helped me with everything I needed and were able to answer all my questions about the area and getting around. I even left my bag with them a few times and everything was very safe.