Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location but I felt really unsafe here. Anyone could wander into the building and into my room so I left after two days as I was afraid someone would steal my belongings. The staff were really rude upon arrival and didnt even look at me as I checked in. That said, some were nice and helpful when I asked for some directions. Breakfast is good and the room facilities are fine. Very noise as opposite a pub and people seem to be there just to party.

• 27th Nov 2013

Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

The staff here were awesome. Unfortunately it rained the whole time I was in Paraty but the staff put on movies, got pizza, and went the extra mile. I was even given a better bed for free. Breakfasts are awesome also.

• 24th Nov 2013

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Really friendly hostel which was very relaxed about letting you treat it as your own. I was welcomed to breakfast when I showed up before check'in and the staff were really helpful in helping me organise a day trip from Cordoba. Great location, nice rooms, and hot showers.

• 16th Nov 2013

A nice hostel but lacked a social atmosphere. A bit further from Park Kennedy but awesome location above the cliffs.

• 25th Oct 2013

Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

Loki is known as the party hostel. I wasnt particularly looking for that and so at times it felt a little noisy and a bit too focussed on drinking. That said, I felt safe and I got to meet people which was what I was after. The top bunks are ridiculously high but apart from that the facilities are amazing. Having a pool is a total bonus. The staff were also really friendly and helpful.

• 21st Oct 2013

Comfortable beds with good showers once you wait for the hot water to start. The communal area was a great size and perfect for meeting people. Was great to get free dinner Mon-Wed as well as free breakfast. A little further out of the centre of Baños but not significantly so and well worth it for the atmosphere.

• 14th Oct 2013

Hostel Revolution

Quito, Ecuador

A really clean and comfortble hostel with a lovely atmosphere. The staff were lovely and helped me to make friends which was important to me as I was travelling alone. The location was great as you could walk to both the New and Old towns. I preferred being in this area as opposed to Mariscal as I didn´t want a Gringo experience.

• 11th Oct 2013