Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5.7
27th Nov 2013

Great location but I felt really unsafe here. Anyone could wander into the building and into my room so I left after two days as I was afraid someone would steal my belongings. The staff were really rude upon arrival and didnt even look at me as I checked in. That said, some were nice and helpful when I asked for some directions. Breakfast is good and the room facilities are fine. Very noise as opposite a pub and people seem to be there just to party.

Paraty Beach Hostel, Paraty, Brazil
24th Nov 2013

The staff here were awesome. Unfortunately it rained the whole time I was in Paraty but the staff put on movies, got pizza, and went the extra mile. I was even given a better bed for free. Breakfasts are awesome also.

Baluch Backpackers Hostel, Cordoba, Argentina
16th Nov 2013

Really friendly hostel which was very relaxed about letting you treat it as your own. I was welcomed to breakfast when I showed up before check'in and the staff were really helpful in helping me organise a day trip from Cordoba. Great location, nice rooms, and hot showers.

7.4
25th Oct 2013

A nice hostel but lacked a social atmosphere. A bit further from Park Kennedy but awesome location above the cliffs.

Loki del Mar, Mancora, Peru
21st Oct 2013

Loki is known as the party hostel. I wasnt particularly looking for that and so at times it felt a little noisy and a bit too focussed on drinking. That said, I felt safe and I got to meet people which was what I was after. The top bunks are ridiculously high but apart from that the facilities are amazing. Having a pool is a total bonus. The staff were also really friendly and helpful.

14th Oct 2013

Comfortable beds with good showers once you wait for the hot water to start. The communal area was a great size and perfect for meeting people. Was great to get free dinner Mon-Wed as well as free breakfast. A little further out of the centre of Baños but not significantly so and well worth it for the atmosphere.

Hostel Revolution, Quito, Ecuador
11th Oct 2013

A really clean and comfortble hostel with a lovely atmosphere. The staff were lovely and helped me to make friends which was important to me as I was travelling alone. The location was great as you could walk to both the New and Old towns. I preferred being in this area as opposed to Mariscal as I didn´t want a Gringo experience.