Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Perfect - everything! Not a single complaint. Igor, Filip, Aryan, and Ivana were amazingly helpful. This is a very chill atmosphere kind of hostel where you meet really cool people from around the world and end up cooking every night together :) - a great thing, especially with the outdoor kitchen. The hostel is a home away from home and a good place to relax, even if Zagreb is quite boring. Enjoy your time here, I recommend it 100% and will come back to volunteer one day. Thanks guys - Tony.

Hey, how rude is that!! Zagreb boring !? Yea, you're right, we're the only reason to visit the capital :D Thanks man, had a blast, see you maybe in the future, you're welcome back.

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Everything great about this hostel - I arrived after reception was closed and they gave me the front door combination, as well as a note and keys so that I could find my bed, and when I did...I got another note with a map :) So very nice! The staff was amazing, especially the one who set up breakfast - she was very helpful and friendly. I had AC in my room as well, which was great. However, apparently the other dorms generally didn't...but I'll leave it to them to comment. Great hostel!

Hipster Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Wow! I moved to this hostel after a terrible experience at another one in Budapest. Norbert and Luca (Lutia) are very helpful, friendly, and nice. The atmosphere is much more relaxed than other hostels, and it has good interior decorating and more of a home feel than other impersonal hostels. Staying at the 10 bed-dorm was actually not that bad of an experience - save for a group of annoying recent Spanish high school graduates. I can say no bad things except that I wish there were more br's.

Suite Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The description is very misleading. NOT, a chill place to stay - this is a party hostel, simply and clearly. The staff is made up of people doing workaway - thus, no one is a local or a Hungarian. They can give you recommendations, surely, but their main goal apparently is to take you on pub crawls where they lose members and come back at 3 in the morning. It is always noisy, even at 1/2 AM. The only saving grace was getting my money back when I cancelled the last two days and Arwin the boss.

Actually we do have 3 hungarian staff but you left too early too meet them :*(

Hostel Brickyard

Bratislava, Slovakia

Relatively new hostel, and as the staff said, the people who stay here are a bit..."phlegmatic" - aka, they're here to chill out. Everything is fine, but I wish it were more home feely, but since it's only been open a month it has a long way to go. Staff is really nice and helpful though, but I wish there were more bathrooms.

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate all the inputs and everyday we are trying to make the hostel more "home feely". We have things prepared in our sleeve and I am sure our guests will have a good and fun time in our hostel. Just to add, every room has its own bathroom.

myMOjOvie

Vienna, Austria

110% I would have given this hostel if it weren't for the limitations. This hostel is truly amazing. Spectacular. I really couldn't believe it. Alessa is so sweet and has spared no expense - it's like staying in an AirBnB with random people rather than just an impersonal hostel. It's completely furnished and she does all of the interior design and fixings herself - metal work, drums, decorations, etc. It feels very homey as a rented out flat, and it has everything you can think of, even bkfast!

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

Know what you're getting into - this is a chain hostel and it's family oriented. Not as bad as A&O, but still quite funky in that aspect. This means that if you are with a large group of friends or family, it's a great place to have lodging, but if you are a solo traveller, it is social death and not worth the cheapness. I chose this because it was the only thing left, but it was still quite nice. The staff was really helpful and nice, and the kitchen was useful as well for cooking food.

Dear Guest, Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay, despite missing the typical hostel atmosphere. We would really like to welcome you back soon. Best regards, Your MEININGER Team Salzburg

The Tent Munich

Munich, Germany

Surprisingly good for such a large hostel - 100 person dorm. Just know what you're getting into - creaky floorboards, cold at night, creaky beds, and uncomfortable beds, but it's a great experience for those who don't need all of the high maintenance things.

A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof

Nuremberg, Germany

More of a hotel than a hostel; got really hot at night, so much so that I couldn't sleep. Right next to the bus station, and a 3 minute walk to the city centre.

Post Hostel Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Perfect hostel - could not recommend anything better. The wifi gets a bit spotty at night when everyone is on it, but this hostel is not THAT party, but you can if you want. Robert is really really helpful, and the hostel is easy to meet other people. The facilities are great and this is one of the nicest, most helpful, and centrally located hostels I've ever been to for an affordable price. Really cannot say anything else but thanks!

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Good hostel - better than expected. However, it still caters to large crowds which makes it not the best for solo travellers trying to meet people who don't just want to get schwasted all the time. The people in my room were cool - the rooms were quite large and had their own bathroom. Only pain was setting up our own linen, but it was free of charge at least {not common in Europe}. Staff was also super friendly and helpful. They were the best part!

BED STATION Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

No complaints; the second time I stayed at this hostel. Absolutely love it, and the staff is amazing and friendly and helpful. The boss was very young and sweet, and let me shower before my late flight. What a great hostel! The soap was also amazing and I really wanted to steal some :)

Despite the apparently low rating, I LOVED LOVED LOVED my stay here. It's not for everyone, but for the right crowd, it is the best place to get away. Ganesha is literally a paradise in the middle of nowhere. The staff - Billy & Marie - are amazingly helpful and friendly, and Emma has a...different kind of French charm. The food is lovely as well, and so many great benefits of staying here - very chill atmosphere and easy to meet people, and the canoe and dogs Bert & Mischka were amazing as well

One Stop Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nothing bad to say; only thing is there was no elevator. However, their ac broke in one of the 8 person dorms so they converted our 8 dorm into a 10 dorm which was a bit annoying with bro-ey chavs staying in our room.

One Stop Hostel Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

No complaints - they were really understanding when we cancelled a night because my friend got her passport stolen here. They gave us back the money and helped us find transport to the police station and everything.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Know that this is a party hostel, but it doesn't get too rowdy and people don't smash in unannounced and blasting lights. Really fine place to stay and I was skeptical at first but it was actually quite good. Quasi-easy to meet people, but only when drinking out in the back.

Clockwise Hostel

Penang, Malaysia

Hostel was pretty acceptable and chique - a bit too hipster for my liking. However, my mates and I were pretty upset because they blast music at 8 AM in the morning, and the next morning there was no one at reception to let people check out/make our breakfast. With places that double as a cafe, you have to wonder where their priorities lie. Also, the middle bathroom wasn't cleaned over the 2 days we were there, and there were major dukie stains.

Orchid Lodge

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

Great! It's like a homestay with Haida's family. She was great and very helpful with everything and they even took me out for dinner the first night even though I arrived late. Great location too.

Raizzy's Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel - owner and staff were VERY helpful. Right next to one of the top 10 attractions of KL, but wasn't too noisy at night. When I got sick and thought I'd go need to see the doctor, the owner actually called her doctor friend to consult me. What a sweetheart! Would def recommend staying here, except the room smelled a bit weird.

Discovery Cafe & Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

Oh man, this hostel was terrible. It's run by cafe/restaurant owners, so you really have to question their priorities. Obviously it wasn't in their guests. I stayed in the AC-less 8 bed dorm because there was no AC male dorm, and it unbearable. It was extremely hot even with the 5 fans {mind you, this was in May} and the beds were very creaky - it was even hotter than outside. Moreover, the internet is really bad and the corridors are really smelly. The S. African worker was weird.

Pillows & Toast Heritage

Singapore, Singapore

Excellent and helpful staff with great location. The breakfast is meek, but you won't find better for anywhere else at this price. Bedding and everything was fine and the staff - Fatima and Shida were very helpful and played cool music!

Smile Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

This is the owner's rented out home that's been converted into a guesthouse. Super friendly workers who were very helpful. He even gives you a headlamp to sleep with, and the location is perfect.

Now Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

Everything about the hostel was great - the common area, the shared kitchen, the staff, and the facilities. The only qualm my mate and I had was that they have a system where you can get 4 nights free if you work for 3 days. That's all and well, but there were two guys who were there for a prolonged period of time who were guests/workers, and they were very standoffish and not friendly. They were only friendly to the pretty girls, and it was kind of narky and made for a rough atmosphere.

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This hostel was great - it's impossible to not meet friends here. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is great. It's not a party hostel per say, but you can make of it what you want. As with all hostels/lodging in HK, it's slightly cramped but that's normal. Otherwise, Sam, Jenny, and Manny were great! Thanks guys!

Gay Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I was a bit scared that this would be a cruisy-type hostel to stay in and that I'd have to fear for my "goods" at night but it's far from that. It's really what you make of it. I did the communal shower every night and didn't face any issues/problems. It's really close to the metro, grocery store, and a lot of the main gay things in Schonenburg {the gay are of Berlin}, but the showers have low pressure and forget about even trying when more than one person is trying to wash.

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Everything was great - especially location. Very close to good restaurants/bars/popular clubs. Also about 3 blocks from the Old Town square which is spectacular at night. Despite everyone else's complaints about noise on here, I didn't notice any at all. Everything was great, except I wish there were more bathrooms/showers and/or bigger sizes. The male bathroom for the toilet was the size of a closet.

Generator Berlin Mitte

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is part of a chain - keeping that in mind, it's a bit hard to meet other people as they are mostly in groups. Little kids on field trips seem to stay here often, which got annoying after a while. Bathrooms were fine except mine smelled like poop constantly. The beds though - one of the most comfortable I've slept in. A bit of a bummer that you have to pay to rent a towel, and you also need to assemble your own bedding. Other than that, good location and price.

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking the time to review your. Please be sure that I have passed on your comments to our team as we are constantly trying to improve our facilities and services. Best regards, Nelson

Central Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

You get what you pay for - nothing too bad, but nothing too special either. Free water, tea, and coffee all day long. Beds are kind of hard but expected for Laos. Woman in the morning is very helpful and free basic breakfast. Bring warm clothes cause it gets cold!

Chern Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Everything was good except this is more of a hotel than a hostel.

Kikies House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Kikie's house was great! I usually only book 1 night and then decide if I want to stay, and I did for an additional 2 nights. I also booked two tours with them which were both amazing, and the price was about the same/less as you could find elsewhere. Kikie & the rest of the staff were very helpful with everything and for the prices, this is a steal. When I come back to Chiang Mai I'm definitely staying here again. Would definitely recommend Kikie's House!

Hostel is meant for people who want to party, really wasn't my cup of tea.

Tran Ly Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Had a single private because I'm travelling solo - get what you pay for. Nothing special but the AC worked well.

Funtastic Danang Hostel

Da Nang, Vietnam

Cannot say anything bad about this place - staff were super friendly and willing to help tourists. This hostel had a geeky feel to it, which wasn't for me but it made for a great atmosphere. Great social space and great breakfast as well. Overall, just perfect. Recommended it to people I met in Hue. Albus was awesome! Be sure to rent a motorbike as DaNang is much more motorbike virgin friendly than Hanoi and Saigon.

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great place to stay - extended mine from initially one night to the entirety. They were very helpful with tours, but as usual, I'm sure we paid a high commission price. You get a ticket for a free {watered down} beer that can be used from 8-9 PM. Rooms were properly AC-ed which is great during summertime, but the bathrooms were quite hot and humid. No real faults with this place. Enjoyed my stay.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Hostel was in a prime location in the Hippodrome, located in the middle of all of the major tourist attractions in the Hippodrome. Was a 3 minute walk away from the Sultanahmet Tram station so it was very accessible and easy to get to (don't mind the stray dogs/cats though). Also if you get a chance, please ask Paco for help because he's your greatest asset on your trip in Istanbul - he can help you with directions and where to go. Overall, very pleased with the stay!