YHA Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand
7.4
26th Jan 2014

12th Jan 2014

The staff was so nice! And I liked that the top bunk bed had real stairs to climb up. Very well equiped kitchen.

Alajuela Backpackers, Alajuela, Costa Rica
6.9
9th Jan 2014

Very nice staff. Especially the people in the restaurant. Very good pizza. No internet in the rooms and quite bad air circulation in the rooms.

Hostel Pangea, San Jose, Costa Rica
31st Dec 2013

Some people of the staff were really nice and that made me feel like home. My room did not have any outlets and no internet connection, that made everything a bit complicated.. They forgot to explain me the securtiy procedure. We had a nice TV evenning. The food in the restaurant was not as good as the food at other places.

Hostel Casa Colon, San Jose, Costa Rica
17th Dec 2013

It is more like a hotel than a hostel. It is very clean. There is a restaurant and the breakfast is good. Good value for the money. I did not like the music downstairs and next door at the same time and quite loud. They wanted to put me in a 12-bed dorm at the street when I payed for a 6-bed dorm. The staff (same people) were some day extremly nice and helping me and on other days they give wrong infos and are not interested. cleaning people are very friendly.

Cabinas El Pueblo, Monteverde, Costa Rica
11th Dec 2013

The people at the hostel did not tell us how to get warm water in the shower. Something on the shower exploded and water was all over the place because the staff did not inform us how to use that particular shower. They had notes everywhere on the wall with rules (ex: "If you do not keep our kitchen clean you will be fined with 30$"). The first night we were locked outside because they did not show us how this special lock works. Breakfast was just next to our room, so very loud very ealry.

Barbara I am so sorry for not being the hostel you expected, what happens is that you do not know how to work the door key but explain you and no more problems with the door, and I told you how it is that hot water it works. With breakfast here is served from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. what happens is that you wanted to sleep later and after that time there was no breakfast sorry I could not sleep. But thanks for your comment try to be better.

Hostel Plinio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
2nd Dec 2013

This hostel is so cool! Very nice staff, they helped me so much with organizing everything. And the chef even drove me to my boat transfer. Amazing people! Thank you so much!! And the dorm is very clean and there are big beds and lockers.

Koa Wood Hale, Kailua-Kona, USA
25th Nov 2013

This hostel has the nicest staff ever! I felt so welcome there and I met really nice people.

Pineapple Park Kona, Kailua-Kona, USA
6.3
20th Nov 2013

The hostel is very nice. The kitchen is clean and fully equiped. There is a nice terrace and even TV. The hostel is situated outside of town and quite far from the airport. There are not many busses and it takes long.The owner is a bit special. If you need something in addition, it is expensive: 5$ for washing machine, dryer and soap. 13$ for renting snorkeling gear. 40$ to be picked up at the airport (one way). The showers and the kitchen were closed with a lock during the night.

2nd Nov 2013

Really nice hostel! Nice people and good breakfast. Nice staff. I did not like the beds so much and sometimes it was a bit loud at nights. And there is no internet in the room, only outside. But I liked it, I would definitly go to the same hostel if I go to Waikiki the next time.

HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica, Los Angeles, USA
23rd Oct 2013

HI San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, USA
13th Oct 2013

Very nice, friendly and motivated staff!

HI Monterey, Monterey, USA
9th Oct 2013

I liked the hostel a lot! Very nice and different people. I think the security system is a bit weird. I did not understand why the hostel would be closed during the night after a certain time, so the doors can't even be opened by a code.

6.9
2nd Oct 2013

Many free things: pancakes, washing powder, beer. That was really cool. And the atmosphere was great, I met so many nice people there! I heard/saw about bed bugs in that hostel. Some of the staff were extremly nice and some were not nice at all.