I very much enjoyed my stay at Greg and Tom's. The rooms were very clean, and each bed had an outlet and a light. The rooms were very warm, but I was able to temperature control with the window! It was really nice that the hostel provided free dinners in their restaurant, they were fairly good. The breakfast was also very big and fairly cheap. I did have a big issue with my dormmates my last night, but the staff were very helpful and understanding. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Thank you for a great review! We're sorry but we can't really control what's happening inside the rooms. That's why we ask our guest to inform us about any problems right away. If we knew, we would have reacted immediately. Looking forward for your next visit. Cheers!

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Euro Youth was in a fantastic location, and having a full bar downstairs was a huge plus. Aside from the bar, though, there really wasn't any common space to meet people at the hostel, and the bar was open to the public. The rooms were spacious and very clean. There was a pretty big outlet shortage in the rooms which was a bummer. The bathrooms were really clean, as well, even though they were shared by a lot of people. I would definitely recommend this hostel :)

• 2nd Jan 2014

This hostel is barely in Berlin, which was our major issue. It took about 30 minutes by S-Bahn to get to the city, and it cost over 6 euros for a day pass. The hostel itself was very clean and fairly nice, the breakfast was great. If you don't mind not being able to go out as much because of distance and train schedules, then the quiet location might work for you, but this definitely isn't the place to be if you want to actually BE in Berlin.

• 30th Dec 2013

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I had a great stay at Lighthouse. The hostel provided us with a lovely Christmas Day lunch, and we were able to meet a ton of other guests staying in the hostel. I loved how much they did to maintain cleanliness everywhere. The only thing was a severe lack of outlets in the rooms The location is fairly good, not a far walk from Grassmarket, and there's some good pubs and restaurants around as well. I'd definitely recommend this hostel, and I hope to stay here when I come to Edinburgh again!

• 24th Dec 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we really enjoyed celebrating christmas with all our guests at Light House and we really appreciciate you recommending us to others. We would like to mention regarding the power oulets in the room, there are 8 plug sockets for the 6 beds in that particular dorm. We are sorry if you couldn't find them, occcasionally they are pushed under the beds.

FRESH was a great choice for London- I thought that this hostel rose above many other hostels I've stayed in. The location is perfect, 10 minutes to the tube/Victoria, and walking distance to the Buckingham/Westminster area. I stayed in the 21 bed dorm, and it wasn't bad for a room that big. It was fairly clean, but there weren't many outlets near the beds. The lockers were in the basement, which was a bit annoying, but otherwise it was great! The pub was nice to have- cute and cozy :)

• 21st Nov 2013

Tiger Tims Place

Budapest, Hungary

Tiger Tim's was an excellent choice for our stay in Budapest! The atmosphere was great, very social with great opportunities to meet the other travelers staying there. The location was within walking distance to everything, and the hostel was super clean. We stayed in the 12-bed mixed dorm, and it definitely didn't feel like a 12 bed; not overcrowded or uncomfortable. I was happy to find a safe in each locker as well. Would definitely recommend! Thanks for the great birthday weekend, Tim!

Hotel Briand

Paris, France

Hotel Briand was an excellent choice for our stay in Paris. It went above and beyond my expectations for a hostel, and it was definitely a hotel, not a hostel. It was a train ride outside of the city, but it was only a block from the SNCF station, so getting to Paris was definitely easy and I didn't feel like the distance was too much of an issue. The neighborhood seemed very safe as well. They were doing construction in the mornings in the building but other than that it was great!

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

We had a great experience at this hostel. I think my only complaint would be the level of cleanliness. We were staying in the dorm in the basement, and the drop ceiling was drooping in some places, and the entire room had a faint smell of mold. The bathrooms are great, and the free laundry is a definite bonus. There are tons of options for community space to meet people, both indoor and outdoor which is very nice. There is a metro close by as well, great location. Would recommend!

• 23rd Mar 2012

This hostel is probably one of the worst I've stayed in both in the Americas and Europe. There was no character, and there was no personality at all. It felt like it was mechanically run which didn't help. The rooms themselves were very hot and had an odd smell. Many of the windows did not open. There are 8 beds in each room which wasn't really a problem for us, and the room wasn't too cramped. The location was the best thing, it was perfect, but otherwise I wouldn't really recommend.

• 18th Aug 2011

La Maison du Patriote

Montreal, Canada

This hostel was one of the most charming that I've stayed in. The location was incredible, the security was well managed and everyone seemed to have enough space. The cleaning schedule was a little weird, between 10 am and 6 pm, so you never really knew when they would be around. There is also no staff at night which wasn't a problem except when the keypad entry didn't work so we had to rely on another visitor to let us in. This is definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in.

• 14th Aug 2011

Alberguinn Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I loved this hostel! I was really excited to find how clean and comfortable the room was, even though we were in a 14 bed mixed room. We each got our own lockers with keys provided, and after we checked out our bags were securely locked. The hostel is a two minute walk from both the Sants station and the metro, so its very conveinent to get around. I would definitely recommend!

Hostel Paradis

Nice, France

The location of this hostel is fantastic. The only complaint that I had was when we had a problem with one of our beds, the staff member didn't do much to fix it, and wouldn't refund the money or anything even though we were unable to use the bed. All the other beds in our group were fine and we had no problems otherwise with the hostel. The bathrooms are great, very clean, and the hostel provides clean towels. The fourth bed in the rooms is a fold-up cot, though, and the space is tight.

• 27th Feb 2011

Hostel Greci

Florence, Italy

This hostel was amazing. We were a group of 7 people, and had an 8 person room booked for ourselves. The situation was basically like a hotel. We had a private bath, three rooms to split between us, a kitchenette with a washing machine and a terrace. The room was clean and the location was incredible. A two minute walk from the Duomo. Would highly recommend!

• 23rd Feb 2011

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni's was awesome! We added a night to our stay almost immediately after we got there. Giovanni spent over an hour going over what we should do during our visit and helped us with everything we needed to get around the city. The hostel itself was beautiful and was in a great location. If I ever return to Naples and need a hostel, I will be going to Giovanni's!

• 18th Feb 2011