Reviews: hotspur75

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 39

Steffi's Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

Seemed secure enough. Quite far from the city center. At least a 20-30min walk. The staff were attentive and helpful. The atmosphere was much like a dorm. The room for 10 persons was huge. They could put 16 in there if they wanted. The table in the center added a nice touch of connection with the others in the room. Very clean. The breakfast was meh. For the money I expected more than toast and cereal. The facilities were very vice. internet is s l o w. Computers are all Linux.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

They give you a legit breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast) at a time (8-11) that is inclusive to all. The location is near a metro and light rail stop, as well as plenty of food and shopping. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and available 24hrs. Best hostal ever, except for the showers. But you don't stay at a hostal expecting good showers.

FIAP Jean Monnet

Paris, France

I had to cancel this stay.

I consider for lockers bad security. The location is far from everything and not easy to find at night. The staff are very helpful and quick to assist you in whatever you need. The atmosphere is nice because there are a lot of places to sleep, but the commons are not very big so it makes it seem like a busy dining hall with conversation, new people, and different languages all around you. Very clean. I consider all hostels in Paris overpriced. Facilities were excellent.

Hey there! Thanks so much for your comments. We are not in the center indeed, but Metro lines 2 and 11 and bus 26 take you to the places you need. Plus, the good thing about not being in the center is to have another look to the real Paris and not only the touristic side and things are cheaper because Paris can be expensive indeed ;) We are glad you liked the hostel and we are waiting for you the next time you come to Paris :) Safe travels, The Loft Team

Amistat Beach Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I rate everything highly, except atmosphere. The staff was friendly, the hostel was clean and close to the beach (but far from downtown), and it was just a great place to stay. However, they are overly strict on common areas. The kitchen closes at midnight, so you cannot access your food if you come in later. The common area closes at 2am, so if you want to stay up and talk, you cannot do it at the hostel. If peace and quiet are what you want, stay here.

Il Nosadillo

Bologna, Italy

The best hostel I've stayed at in the last four months (out of five). The lady who runs it pulled out a map and told me all about the city, shopping, food, and sights. Then, disappeared for the weekend leaving a number by which to contact her. Some other travelers were as well, so it was like having our own flat for the weekend in Bologna. The only it isn't 100% is it is a ten minute walk to Piaza Maggiore.

Madrid Motion Hostel

Madrid, Spain

What stands out most for me is the size of the shower. I stayed in a 3 bed, shower included room. It was the first time in a month of hostels that I didn't feel like a sardine or bump into the wall while trying to wash myself. That alone made it awesome. Detractor- internet only on the first two floors, which is not where you are sleeping. So no wifi in your room. Bummer, guys.

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

I believe in full disclosure, but first let's talk about what rocks: the staff. If you have issues with this staff, I'm going to have to say the problem is more you and your expectations. It's a hostel. Stop complaining about people coming in at 4am. They are courteous, work to meet the needs of their guests, and are a blast to sit and chat with when you're having trouble sleeping. What doesn't rock? Wifi issues, and it doesn't reach all the rooms. The showers are the size of a matchbox.

MuchoMadrid

Madrid, Spain

The only thing the stops MuchoMadrid from getting a perfect score are the beds. A thin mattress over wooden slats (three of which were broken on mine) is not very comfortable to sleep on. Everything else was the best possible experience a person could have in their first Hostel stay. The staff did offered everything they could for my stay, the breakfast every morning was basic, but I just enjoyed having fresh juices. I definitely recommend MuchoMadrid. The price is great also.

Los Amigos Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This booking was cancelled by the hostel.