Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Even though this hostel has almost zero security and the facilities are old and grubby I absolutely loved it here. The location is amazing and the day staff are super nice (some staff are a bit grumpy but I think they are sleep deprived). They could use a couple more fans and some repairs to the bathrooms but if you plan on sightseeing and not hanging out in the hostel then this place is perfect.

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Great staff make such a huge difference especially when you need to be rescued from the train station with no money haha! Top notch hostel wish I had stayed an extra night. Easy to meet people, everything is good just wish there were a couple more bathrooms but I always want that.

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Burg Hostel

Sighisoara, Romania

Nothing to complain about. The price was right, location excellent and they even let us check in early. Didn't spend much time there but it was perfectly fine for one night.

Hipster Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Overall very good hostel. Staff is friendly, facilities are good. Wish there was a place to change in the showers but other than that pretty good.

This hostel would be amazing if the WiFi was better and if the bathrooms had been cleaned every day. With an ensuite and so many people using just one it really needs to be cleaned. The location was amazing though, very convenient with the market and metro station right there.

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Amazing location, good facilities and strong WiFi. Did the brewery tour at 11am so didn't make their rafting pub crawl...but rented a boat and did our own which was awesome! Wish I stayed longer.

PLUS Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Sepilok Forest Edge Resort

Sandakan, Malaysia

While the resort is quite nice and reasonably priced we did encounter bed bugs in the long house. My partner was bitten but thankfully we didn't take them with us. Was quite surprised for such a high quality establishment.

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I really liked this hostel and ended up booking a couple more nights once we arrived. It was a bit more pricey than some others but well worth it. That said while we were there the a/c had broken in one room but they quickly had it fixed before bed time (efficient!). The showers were hot (bonus!) but they did flood quite easily as they are stalls lined next to each other and the drain was clogged so you ended up stepping in everyone's dirty shower water. If that's fixed then I highly recommend.

Timur Guesthouse

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Nothing too crazy, basic hostel with basic facilities. The staff go out of their way which was really nice. Feels more like you're staying at a friend's place than a hostel which is fine by me. Perfect for one night given the cost. Might not be the best for long term stays since it is a bit small and lots of stairs, but if you're fit and looking for a deal you've found it.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

The staff are fantastic I'll say that for sure. Was a bit disappointed with the hostel overall given the rave reviews. The facilities were decent but they could definitely use some more common areas. Maybe clean the patio a little more so there aren't as many flies. Overall it was a solid 7.5/10!

Villa Thony 1 House 1

Luang Prabang, Laos

Nice guest house, accommodating staff and quiet location but a bit pricey. Overall enjoyable stay.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This is probably the best hostel we've ever stayed in. The staff was friendly, the showers were hot, the food was good, the beer cheap and the atmosphere was great without trying to be. Well done to Driess and all the staff for creating a wonderful and inviting getaway.