Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Living Cat's Hostel is has an absolutely beautiful courtyard! I also got one of the cool rooms around the balcony on the top so I felt like a princess. Beds were very comfortable and warm, and met some great people. Walking tour wasn't so good (but I got a guy who was substituting though). Location was about 10 min walk from Plaza Mayor, so pretty good. Bathrooms were kind of gross; there were annoying push button showers, and once there was a giant poop on the floor that stunk up the place...

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt like a princess in our Arabian courtyard. Our staff cleans that bathroom every two hours so maybe the "giant stink" occurred in between cleanings. We are really sorry about this. About the walking tour, we will discuss this issue with the related company. Thanks for staying at Cat's and we hope you come again.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

The hostel was fine. Nothing absolutely amazing but nothing terrible either (I've had both), it's right in the middle! I have had friends stay that say they loved it. I think it is very nice and home-y. The free sangria is delicious and the dinners are always delicious, definitely recommend! The walls are a bit thin and the sheets and blankets are also very thin; it gets pretty cold at night which is interesting since it is pretty warm outside. I felt very safe and secure, which is always good.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Yes! hostel is one of the top hostels I've stayed in (and I have traveled a lot!) It has a great home-like feel, with comfortable and warm beds, sliding lockable drawers underneath, and wall sockets/lamps right on the wall next to the bed. The showers were great and everything was very clean. The people were amazing--the people who work at this hostel seem like they have so much fun, and they really make the entire atmosphere so great. The bar/parties at night are awesome and the dinners=yummy!

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Loved this hostel. AMAZING location, and very busy and bustling. Good food, and really nice rooms and beds. Would definitely stay here again.

I love all the Wombats hostels! Anyway, this one in particular--so I chose the Base because it was the cheapest option. I wish I chose the Wombats hostel that was a little closer (I forgot the name) to the metro stop (Simmering), but this one was fine. Staff was excellent, rooms and beds were warm and comfortable and clean, overall very nice place.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The location was a bit out of the way, but I still love the Wombats chain. Always fun and decorated really nicely, warm and comfortable rooms, good and knowledgeable staff, fun bars. Good place to stay! But not near nightlife at all.

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Their advertising gimmick as the worst hostel in the world was a great strategy, because I had horrible expectations. It turned out it wasn't so bad! Bunk beds, and free sheets and linens. The locker was skinny, but it was all right. Overall it was okay. I wish it was close to the red light district, but it was like a 30 minute walk from the Centraal Station.

Hi J, Thanks for your review! About our location: we are 3 min walking distance away from entertainment area Leidseplein and 10 min journey by tram to the red light district and central station! Greetings, Hans Brinker