Ostello Bello Bagan

Bagan, Myanmar

Really lovely, clean, and fun hostel. Great staff and the perfect location of an e-bike and travel agency right across the road. Located in New Bagan, but really easy to get across into Old Bagan. I highly recommend this place, it is a great place to relax and meet new people.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

When I first arrived at night, they told me my bed was broken and had me stay at the place across the street. I was annoyed, but the other place was nice. When I checked in the next day, the staff was very friendly and helped me get places. Good location, off of Khao San Road. I loveddd the dorms, could have just stayed there instead of exploring haha! I was in the huge room, but still felt like I had lots of space. Lockers available for stuff. Every bed is its own nook, with white curtains+ a/c

Diva Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel! It is combined with a restaurant and a tour service. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly. They remembered my name every time I returned to the hostel! They helped me book tours. The room had no a/c so it was difficult for me to sleep (but it was the cheapest room, so my own fault). Also, there is no 24-hour reception so often I woke early and returned late (after 8 pm) from tours and no one was around. But if you book through them they will give you a free one hour Thai massage!

Kounsavan Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Lots of people in this guesthouse, easy to make friends. Fantastic location, very close to the main street, just a short walk away. Nice rooms, air conditioning. No place to store luggage inside the rooms, but free lockers for valuable outside. They were not too helpful with booking tours other than their own, so I walked up and down the street and found some on my own. But otherwise, breakfast was fantastic (cooked for you!) and the staff in general were very friendly and communicative.

This hostel has a great location, easy to walk everywhere and close to the big sights. When I first arrived, I had only a few problems because the staff couldn't speak English that well. It was difficult to ask for advice or to make sure I was doing the right thing. This was annoying- but turns out the English-speaking staff came on at night, so when I returned later at night it was easy to communicate which made the stay better. Rooms were fine, big, places to store luggage.

Great hostel, definitely party atmosphere. Really fun. Staff seemed a little busy sometimes to pay attention to guests, but it wasn't overly problematic. They did push their own tour offerings (Castaway Island), but weren't as aggressive as they could have been. Fantastic rooms and very nice, clean bathrooms. Beds have places where you can slide your bags into- bring your own lock. Air conditioning is only on during certain times. Overall a nice hostel.

Hey, Cheers for the awesome review and feedback about the facilities that we provide. We would love to see you again in the future, and that the rest of your travels go well. Cheers, Downtown Manager

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Location a bit out of the way of Old Hanoi, but it's not a far walk at all. Facilities are clean, rooms are very nice. Staff helpful in providing directions. Good value for the money.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Really fantastic hostel, lots of advice and help about what to do. Rooms are nice, air conditioned which is so useful in the hot weather. There is a pool here too! It is a really nice place.

I only stayed for a night, unfortunately- this place seems like a lot of fun! Lots of young people (guy to girl ratio was like 10:1 haha). The bed was very comfortable- small lockers so your bigger bag will be on the floor which is fine. Bring a lock in case. Walking distance to the beach area, and it's pretty to walk along the oceanfront. At night most people head up towards the bar and hang out. Everyone was chilling in groups and talking- and I think there was a bar game going on? Good vibes.

I only stayed one night as I did Machu Picchu the night before and my flight left from Cusco the next morning. I had stayed in the Millhouse in Buenos Aires before, so I knew Millhouse was good. Like I expected, it was huge- there was a beautiful courtyard with people playing ping pong. There were lots of open spaces. The sheets they gave me seemed to be new! The bed was very comfortable, with a lamp and a little ledge to place your stuff. Bathroom was fine. Overall good- relaxed atmosphere.

Hostal Chaska Wasi

Ollantaytambo, Peru

I didn't actually stay at this hostel. READ THIS before booking. When you arrive in Ollantaytambo, Chaska Wasi is in the lefthand bottom corner of the square when you first drive in. It will be hard to find. Your taxi driver/collectivo van driver will likely tell you where Chaska Wasi is- this is the ORIGINAL Chaska Wasi, which is down an alley and is now named Sumac Chaska. The owners of these two hostels fight, saying each person stole the other's name/building/etc. I would just avoid both.

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL! Security- they have huge locker cages that you can put suitcases or big duffels or whatever you want in- just bring your own lock. Beds are clean and comfortable. Location is good, walkable distance to Casa Rosada and San Telmo district. Every day/night there are activities planned if you want to join- walking tours during the day (Carolina, the tour guide, is very knowledgable and funny) and at night the clubs are so fun. Be aware of South American time! I want to go back.

Bambu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Overall nice hostel. I was here for a night to check out the Brasil side of Iguassu Falls. The bed was comfortable, there is A/C if necessary. Lockers are small so I left my stuff out but locked. Showers were hot and nice, and the bathrooms were clean and very nice. Atmosphere was okay- there weren't that many people and everyone had stuff to do. Free breakfast was fabulous. They literally serve you! A plate of fruit and one of bread/cheese/ham. And juice/coffee/tea. Far from Falls though.

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Living Cat's Hostel is has an absolutely beautiful courtyard! I also got one of the cool rooms around the balcony on the top so I felt like a princess. Beds were very comfortable and warm, and met some great people. Walking tour wasn't so good (but I got a guy who was substituting though). Location was about 10 min walk from Plaza Mayor, so pretty good. Bathrooms were kind of gross; there were annoying push button showers, and once there was a giant poop on the floor that stunk up the place...

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt like a princess in our Arabian courtyard. Our staff cleans that bathroom every two hours so maybe the "giant stink" occurred in between cleanings. We are really sorry about this. About the walking tour, we will discuss this issue with the related company. Thanks for staying at Cat's and we hope you come again.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

The hostel was fine. Nothing absolutely amazing but nothing terrible either (I've had both), it's right in the middle! I have had friends stay that say they loved it. I think it is very nice and home-y. The free sangria is delicious and the dinners are always delicious, definitely recommend! The walls are a bit thin and the sheets and blankets are also very thin; it gets pretty cold at night which is interesting since it is pretty warm outside. I felt very safe and secure, which is always good.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Yes! hostel is one of the top hostels I've stayed in (and I have traveled a lot!) It has a great home-like feel, with comfortable and warm beds, sliding lockable drawers underneath, and wall sockets/lamps right on the wall next to the bed. The showers were great and everything was very clean. The people were amazing--the people who work at this hostel seem like they have so much fun, and they really make the entire atmosphere so great. The bar/parties at night are awesome and the dinners=yummy!

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Loved this hostel. AMAZING location, and very busy and bustling. Good food, and really nice rooms and beds. Would definitely stay here again.

I love all the Wombats hostels! Anyway, this one in particular--so I chose the Base because it was the cheapest option. I wish I chose the Wombats hostel that was a little closer (I forgot the name) to the metro stop (Simmering), but this one was fine. Staff was excellent, rooms and beds were warm and comfortable and clean, overall very nice place.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The location was a bit out of the way, but I still love the Wombats chain. Always fun and decorated really nicely, warm and comfortable rooms, good and knowledgeable staff, fun bars. Good place to stay! But not near nightlife at all.

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Their advertising gimmick as the worst hostel in the world was a great strategy, because I had horrible expectations. It turned out it wasn't so bad! Bunk beds, and free sheets and linens. The locker was skinny, but it was all right. Overall it was okay. I wish it was close to the red light district, but it was like a 30 minute walk from the Centraal Station.

Hi J, Thanks for your review! About our location: we are 3 min walking distance away from entertainment area Leidseplein and 10 min journey by tram to the red light district and central station! Greetings, Hans Brinker