Reviews: ywelaine7403

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

It's a hostel situated near Royal mile, and it's very centered on backpackers. Which means it can be really fun but also loud and crowded. But i love the small thoughts that the hostel puts into the service, like the free hot drinks, movie nights, and small hand towels next to the sink. The female bathroom can be small and not very clean on the first floor, so i recommend you to use the second floor female bathrooms! Nice and spacious!

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

There is good and bad about the location of this hostel. It's situated in the kevingrove park. You have to climb up the hill to get there, which wasn't quite pleasant when you are dragging a luggage in the rain. Also, there is no street lamps at night in the park, so you have to be very brave and you have to know the directions. But I have come to love it. I love the tranquil atmosphere of walking through the park. There are many good cafes and restaurants nearby!

Derwentwater Independent Hostel

Lake District, England

It was a great stay! Dave and Kathy the owners are really hospitable. Because of low-travel season, I happened to be the only one at the hostel for one night. But the experience was still wonderful! I got to order a home-cooked Scottish meal for a reasonable price. And the next day, I went for a hike around the Derwentwater neighborhood, which was very refreshing after traveling in cities for so long! However, if you are traveling by train, it takes two bus rides to get to the hostel.

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

Great location!! Minutes walk from the liverpool LIme Street station. The room is a little bit cold, not the cozy type. But it's really clean! Breakfast is great too.

This hostel stay is truly worth it! It's got a good price. At the same time, it's such a luxury! Yes I have curtains on my bunk beds, and the breakfast with croissant is awesome! :) I love the cozy feeling, you can meet people easily. And it's in a very convenient location. Eating out in London is generally quite expensive. But next to the hostel, you can find relatively cheaper korean and chinese diners and restaurants. Downside is you really have to be careful of your belongings!

Glad you enjoyed your stay. London is one of the safer big cities, provided you show the normal amount of common sense ect :)

London Private Rooms

I have gone to over 10 hostels before I came to London Private Rooms. This shouldn't be even listed in the hostelworld. Because this so-called London Private Rooms are not catered for backpackers. They are under Accomodation London, basically a service helping people find long term apartments. The service is shady, there is no reception area, people are constantly worried about being robbed. More review, you can see my travel blog: Chinclusive.com

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

I like the lounge area. You can socialize and you can also relax. The rooms are really spacious! Even though I am in like a 10 people dorm, you definitely have your own private area where you can relax. I love hostels which gives you your own electricity outlet next to your bed.

Seneca Hostel

Cordoba, Spain

It's a nice quaint hostel with a beautiful courtyard. Nice location. Beautiful bathroom! Beautiful roof terrace. Nice stay in Cordoba!

Funky Meridiano

Granada, Spain

The atmosphere is nice, you can meet travelers easily because they organize cheap dinner and other events. But the rooms are OK, the bed isn't too comfortable. And I was somehow assigned to a room with a open shower with transparent screen door. I assumed I was in a female only dorm but I was not. When I asked about it, it seemed like the reception was surprised by the assignment, but It was really quite awkward and weird with the shower.

When I was there, the whole hostel was occupied by Koreans! So I couldn't really mingle and meet people because they all speak in Korean. But one thing I loved about the hostel is its mediation room. There is a piano, a guitar, and christian contemporary music sheets! I missed worshiping and spending quiet time with God during my backpacking trip, so it definitely was an oasis for me. I do wish they don't require tokens for hot drinks during breakfast though...

Youthhostel Zurich

Zurich, Switzerland

Wifi can only be used in the hall. The location is so so. Not really close to the center. Somehow, I always need to line up for service, maybe too few staff? But there is a huge common area, so definitely can meet people if you are outgoing. And I like the breakfast. One con of this hostel is that you have to pay extra to be a youth hostels member.

The room is small and quite crowded. Location is good and staff is helpful. You can do laundry easily. But you definitely have to line up for girls shower.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. sorry, we cant change the size of the building... save travells :)

Palace Hostel

Vienna, Austria

Out of all the hostels that include breakfast, Palace hostel has the best breakfast buffet for me!! They provide different kinds of bread, jam, sauce. And they have bunch of fruits and vegetable choices! But I didn't really like the reception and the decoration of the dorm. It is too simple. The corridor is kind of dark and scary. Like everyone here has said, if you are willing to put up with anything for the view, it's worth it. Great view of Vienna.

Home Made Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I love this special unique family style hostel. You can feel like you are at home here. And the decoration and all are just so homey that you would really love it! But if you are used to standardized style room with white bed sheets and standard bathrooms, this might not be for you.

Hostel Santini Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I love this hostel. It's in a historical building. And the ceiling in the hostel is amazing. I loved the high ceiling and the royal vibe. I love the bathroom too! It's totally hotel style!! I am so glad I stayed 4 nights there to enjoy. One thing is that there aren't charger for the top bunk so u kind of have to scramble to find other outlets elsewhere.

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

I love the location! It is right across of the main train station. The 4 people girls dorm room is cute too! though the bathroom is a bit small. The other girls and I used the bathroom in the hallway. The breakfast buffet is okie. I would love to have more fruits and vegetable choices for 5 dollars.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel staff are helpful and friendly! When I found out the people I was staying with were messy and really untidy, who left things everywhere, I asked to change rooms and the staff kindly arrange it. The location was only average, because you have to take the train from the main station, which costs some travel money each round trip.