Reviews: stephpaige2015

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 32

Beach House Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.0
28th Apr 2015

This hostel is close to the beach, so it is perfect if that is all you want! Recommendations of where to eat or what's good in the area would have been appreciated, as it's a quiet neighbourhood. After two nights, we realized we could stay at a really nice hotel for the same price (160R for hotel room vs 80R each per night at hostel). Very lovely family who runs this hostel, but it is not worth the price they are asking.

Duo Housing DC, Washington DC, USA
6th Mar 2014

Loved this hostel! The towel availability - seriously amazing. I realized on the flight I forgot a towel and was hoping they were the type of hostel I could rent one from. Then when I asked and basically got (nicely) laughed at because of the towels available, I was in heaven. I know it's a small thing, but it's those kind of things that make a hostel experience great! Loved the staff too - anyone who makes me laugh is amazing in my books :)

Travellers House, Lisbon, Portugal
6th Jan 2014

Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
8.0
1st Jan 2014

This hostel was great! We were a little sketched out on our way there, only because we didn't know Marrakech or the area at all, and we very quickly realized how silly that was. The place was fabulous, the only downside was if you had to sleep, it's an open concept hostel so the noise can be heard all night. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

5.4
23rd Dec 2013

I would definitely not stay at this hostel again. It's advertised as a fun hostel but it was so far from it. The atmosphere completely sucked, I'd only recommend it for people who are staying there long term and want a quiet, do nothing hostel. The staff were awful - the night shift guy clearly hated his life & the day shift guy was pleasant but gave us wrong information. A load of laundry cost me over 12euro and the amenities suck. Would never stay here again.

20th Dec 2013

I absolutely loved the hostel. It's very new so the washrooms were impeccable, the beds each have privacy curtains, 2 outlets, 2 USB plugs. An absolutely amazing place to stay. The entire St. Christopher's chain is wonderful. The only downside was the standard Belushi's menu (ugh lol) but other than that - perfection!