Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Budapest Bubble

Budapest, Hungary

The Bubble isn't anything special where the rooms are concerned, but the staff is amazing. Olga has the biggest smile ever, Gabor is incredibly enthusiastic, and Gene knows all the best places to eat in Budapest. They go out with the guests regularly and make you feel right at home. The hostel is so small that you really have a chance to get to know people. The location is great, too. Strong wifi.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at based on the facilities; the push-button showers were one of the more annoying things I've encountered in a while, but other than that it was lovely. Strong wifi. Good (cheap) bar downstairs, good for talking to people. Breakfast is good but a little pricey. Though it's not in the center of Prague, it's fairly easy to get to the main sights by tram and they even sell tickets for the public transit at the front desk. The staff were very helpful.

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The rooms at PLUS Berlin were fairly nice, clean, and quiet. Strong wifi and free computer use. The location is wonderful, just a few minutes from the U-bahn/S-bahn and the Berlin Wall/East Side Gallery. The hostel has a fun vibe but it's hard to meet people as the hostel is fairly large and most people seemed to be travelling in groups; as the "common area" is really more of a lobby, there's no real place to hang out and talk to people.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The rooms at Meininger are very clean and comfortable--based on the rooms, this was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Free washer/dryer in the kitchen, which was wonderful. However, the hostel is not very convenient to the center of Amsterdam; there's nothing to see right near the hotel and the city center is probably 15 minutes away by bus. There's also very little atmosphere to the hostel and there were a lot of large groups; I might as well have been staying in a hotel.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your nice review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here. In case you would come back another time, we would advise you to take the train into the city: this takes only 5 minutes. We hope to see you again in any of our Meiningers in Europe! Warm regards Meininger Amsterdam

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The location was great, the rooms were nice, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I had dinner the first night and loved it, and even though I didn't have money for it the next night I hung out at the table during dinner because it was a great way to talk to people. It's just a short walk to the water, and there are plenty of metro and bus/tram stops right nearby. Good breakfast, strong wifi, and cheap drinks. Absolutely wonderful.

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

The location was perfect and the hostel was very nice. I had dinner up on the roof the first night and it was lots of fun. My only real complaint is that a lot of things that are typically included--towels, breakfast, pre-made bed--weren't/cost extra. Also, the wifi was spotty up in the room--it would come and go and I had to go downstairs to get a consistent connection. However, the location alone made La Banda worthwhile.

Hey dude, cheers for the feedback, all points taken on board, beds now get made, breakfast included; we´ve been constantly changing since we took over the business so it´s good to know how we can improve, great to meet you and safe travels!!!

Rambutan Guesthouse

Granada, Spain

Rambutan wasn't the nicest place I've ever stayed, but it was cute and the staff were friendly. The Albayzin neighborhood (where the hostel is located) is cute and worth a visit while you're in Granada, but it's kind of a trek to get to it from the rest of the city--*lots* of hills, and I usually found myself taking at least one bus to get anywhere. The rooms are clean, though our door was horribly loud and tough to close, which was a bit annoying when people were coming and going at night.

Stray Cat Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Everyone at the hostel was very helpful and friendly, and the cats were a great addition to my trip. Only a few minor complaints: wifi didn't reach all the way to the rooms (not too big a deal), and the shower looked like it needed a good cleaning (or some remodeling)... plus the walk up the hill to Taksim is rough, but it's kind of balanced out by being right by the tram.