Reviews: jaredrobinettekgle37578

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 30

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
8th Oct 2016

A little out of the way, but, very nice place. Short walk to the station that goes straight to Narita and over to Akihabara etc...Nice lounge with dvd's of all the great Anime classics, this is the only hostel I saw this in. We all watched the original Ghost in the Shell while drinking beers, talking the philosophy of the movie etc...great time.

Candela Guest House Matsumoto, Matsumoto, Japan
30th Sep 2016

Probably my most memorable stay in Japan. Kuri is a wonderful person, you can tell right after meeting her that she really loves her city of Matsumoto. She is a very talented artist and you'll see her drawings all around the hostel. We cooked together twice, they helped me fold Gyoza 2 different nights, they turned out great! Only downside is you have to leave the hostel from 11:30am till 4pm while they clean....its fine if you are making day trips to Kamikochi(a must!) or other places.

Thank you for your stay and review! I also had good time with you and enjoyed your cooking!! I am sorry for inconvenience about lock out in day time, but thank you for your understanding. I hope to see you again!

Dot Hostel Nagano, Nagano, Japan
29th Sep 2016

The guy running the place is super cool. He sells cheap (yet very good) sake in the evenings and plays some chill music throughout the day. This place is very small, as in like 2 rooms with 6 beds each. The stairs are narrow and steep, I didn't have a problem with them though. Big kitchen, although I didn't cook while I was here. 1 minute walk to the temple and only a few minutes to local restaurants etc....nice place.

25th Sep 2016

A short walk to Akihabara station which connects you to everything. Very clean and the staff was nice, they helped book reservations for us at a couple restaurants in Roppongi Hills. A lot of business folks stay here I think, didn't see many other tourists like ourselves. The lounge was nice though, drinks and food available.

Sora-Ama Hostel, Hida Takayama, Japan
24th Sep 2016

Really nice staff, I think we met with the owner, he shared some sake with us. Very clean place. The rooftop is pretty cool, only a couple basic tables and chairs, but, a rare option while I was here in Japan so that's a plus. Only 5 minute walk from the main streets that people spend time in. We found some good local sake and wine etc...then hiked up to the shrine and cemetery.

K's House Hakone, Hakone, Japan
23rd Sep 2016

We hiked up the hill, my brother and I, but, we did break a quick sweat with our bags. We had a nice little room for the both of us, a tv and private bathroom for about 7000 yen. The lounge area is super nice, really beautiful table in the middle of the room. We ate at the nearby Izakaya recommended by the front desk. It was very good, sashimi and yakitori etc....We bought sake at the 7-11 then played UNO with everyone in the lounge room before going to the in house Onsen. Very nice.

Hostel Q, Osaka, Japan
21st Sep 2016

Only stayed 2 nights, but, decent place. Staff was very nice and location is great. The room was really basic, some people in a private room opened and closed/slammed their door about 50 times in 20 minutes one night. I thought I was going to have to go nail the door shut. I don't understand some people that stay in hostels...no consideration. Not the hostel's fault....I wonder if they could install a foam strip or something along the door jam to quiet the noise...

Khaosan World Namba, Osaka, Japan
18th Sep 2016

Really nice hostel, obvious why they've won awards as a chain. Very helpful staff, decently priced beer and sake in the lounge/bar area. Met some fun people as well, good atmosphere if you're able to open up and meet people.

bAKpAK Gion Hostel, Kyoto, Japan
15th Sep 2016

Beware, the staff leaves at a certain time...like 6pm I think. They will leave your keys in the mail box. We met a couple from Taiwan that were just hanging out in the lobby for an hour and had no idea how to check in until I showed them where to find there keys. Anyways, decent location! The silver temple and path of philosophy are somewhat close, I suggest taking a bus though. Room was nice, showers were semi-private, located downstairs. You'll probably need to wake up to turn the fan on....

12th Sep 2016

Very basic place, but, great location right by the station. It's right in between some nudie magazine shops, so, we stumbled home drunk one night and wandered in to them for a bit hahahaha, good times. The room was nice and clean, bedding was very comfortable on the tatami mats. I liked this place.

Ace Inn Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
7.1
9th Sep 2016

This place has a motel sort of feel....but, I like it for the value. The capsule type beds are comfortable, but, no plug inside the bed. We used the power strip and just placed it in between the capsules. I never felt my stuff was going to be messed with, mostly travelers in our large room. The neighborhood does have some very nice restaurants, but, you are only 2 short stops to Shinjuku or Shibuya/Harajuku etc. The open floor setup on the 10th floor (10 bed mixed) was less comfortable.

Sakura Hostel Asakusa, Tokyo, Japan
7th Sep 2016

Good place, short stay for us, Asakusa was decent but not that exciting of an area. Kappabashi is perfect for Japanese knife shopping though. Senso-ji is apparently a very recently built temple....hostel lounge was nice, showers were good.

6.3
11th Feb 2016

I just came from South East Asia, staying in hostels that were 10 stars across the board for around $7 a night. The beds are already made upon arrival in SE Asia, which gives them all a hotel like feel. Incredible atmospheres and VERY clean. So, comparing the value and quality I had down there to this place when I just arrived back in the states really gives H&H a tough run. It was generally clean, staff was on site and helpful, tv room had a stack of dvd's to watch and was usually quiet.

9th Feb 2016

Hands down one of my favorite places. Stayed here both times I was passing through Bangkok. Staff is amazing, they give you great information and help you get to wherever you are going. Very clean place, large lockers with locks provided in the rooms. On my checkout, the guy helped me wave down a cab (with meter!) and tell him where I was going. Will return in the future for sure!

Nature's Way House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
7th Feb 2016

Cool place for sure, nice outdoor area. The rooms are very nice, just 5 beds in a tight row, mixed male/female. Sort of a camping/cabin feel, I liked it.

4th Feb 2016

Sort of like cabins on the hill, amazing view from each bungalow. I spent a lot of time just laying in one of the hammocks reading. Walls are paper thin, it would be nice if they at least encouraged a quiet time at night. People tend to wander back drunk and loud, you can hear everything. Dogs and chickens will wake you up at sunrise. Best bet is to just join people that go out to circus or town and come back around midnight.

Shakara Garden, Chiang Mai, Thailand
2nd Feb 2016

Golden Mango Inn, Siem Reap, Cambodia
30th Jan 2016

Great staff, very helpful. They provide free Tuk Tuk service to the main market and Pub Street. Those tuk tuks will also take you around the temples for about $15.

One Stop Hostel Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
28th Jan 2016

Only stayed here 2 nights. There is a chill common area, movies etc....great wifi across the whole place. Friendly staff and good location.

Eco Backpackers Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
25th Jan 2016

The girl who checked me in and helped book my bus trip to Siem Reap was very sweet and helpful. Pod beds are really cool for privacy within a hostel. Eat as many bahn mi's from the ladies with food carts outside.

The Best Time Hostel, Krabi, Thailand
19th Jan 2016

Chill place for our stopover to the islands.

13th Jan 2016

Really liked this place. The staff was very friendly and always helped us getting directions. They would hand us little pieces of paper with locations I'm thai and English to give to cabs / Tuk tuks. It helped a lot.

10th Jan 2016

The staff is fantastic. Really loved this place, great rooms and beds. Fun people all around.

Lub d Bangkok Silom, Bangkok, Thailand
7th Jan 2016

Good area to start my trip. Staff was nice, WiFi was good, pillow was thin, request an extra. On Saturday a bunch of Tuk Tuks had a party in the abandoned lot across the street from 4pm-1am...loud music etc, kind of funny.

Flying Pig Beach Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.0
1st Nov 2013

This hostel is NOT in Amsterdam (20 miles north) and seems to be run by teenagers, that being said I had a good time here. Clean rooms, bar in hostel (but the let locals come into the bar and smoke room) grocery store nearby. The kitchen was a bit of a mess everytime I went in there. The clean it really well before and after they make breakfast (complimentary cereals, breads, cheeses, milk and coffee) but in between the messes build up. Enjoyed a huge dubstep Halloween party when I was there.

Smart Place Gare du Nord, Paris, France
21st Oct 2013

Location was in a dirty part of town, but, good for people taking the trains at Gare du Nord station. And, the metro line down the street takes you straight to the Arc de Triomphe, which is a good starting point for wandering the town. Clean place, cool spiral staircase, bathrooms in room, overall very good.

Sant Jordi Alberg, Barcelona, Spain
18th Oct 2013

Right by the Placa de Catalunya, great location. Especially taking the Aerobus to and from the airport. Big screen in main room with lots of movies loaded on the dvr. Two kitchens, plenty of showers and bathrooms. 2 more common rooms besides the main one. It is a partying focused hostel though. Lots of ppl stay out till 5 or 6am and come in being a little rowdy. I did myself several nights. They organize nightly bar raids and get you into a big nightclub for free. Just pre-drink at the hostel...

Amistat Beach Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
17th Oct 2013

Good place, good prices. Right by da beach mon. I stayed here one night just to chill out and get sleep. Good eats nearby. Its way away from the center of town, you´ll need a bus ride or two. I moved closer to the center of town after my 1 night. Best during warm months so you can hit up the beach real easy.

Hey Jared thanks for your comment! We appreciate that you took your time to share your opinion with us. We would be happy to see you again! Have safe next trips =)