Location: USA,

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Lovely stay here. The wonderful receptionist bumped my friend and I up to a smaller room so we could stay together (had booked separately), the rooms are clean and spacious and the common area is big and always a good place to socialize. Could not have asked for a better stay, thanks, Abigail's!

The Walrus Hostel

The breakfast was decent, and the location is good...but I'm not terribly sure what all the positive reviews for this place were about, to be honest...the bathroom on the first floor outside our room was like using an outdoor latrine--no lights, windows open (it was December, and it was freezing) and shutters slamming (terrifying!)...our room was dark and unclean and we couldn't wait to get out of there first thing in the morning. The staff was very friendly.

• 13th Dec 2013

I stayed at a Hatters hostel in Manchester and was pretty disappointed, so I had low expectations. Hatters Birmingham was wonderful, though! It's about a 15 minute walk from the train station which is my only (small) complaint, otherwise the rooms were great, en-suite bathroom was *huge*, free toast and tea, and the front desk gave me free earplugs when my non-partying self wanted to sleep. Great experience, would definitely recommend.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

The location is good and the building is nice. However, there were stray hairs on my bedding and the bathrooms in the room were small and not very clean. Also, because of poor weather, my travel into London was delayed a day, but I was told I would be charged for the first night even when I couldn't make it. I understand the need for a policy like that, but frustrating that no exceptions were made when the circumstances were beyond my control. A total of £35 for one night? Not worth it.

Hi, Thanks for leaving your comment here! We are sorry to hear your room wasn't properly cleaned when you arrived. We strive to get that better next time. As a hotel we are unfortunately not able to take all the circumstances into consideration that our guests encounter whilst traveling as they are out of our control too. This is where travel insurances step in and we would like to advise you to get one of these next time. Have a nice day!!

Amistat Beach Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

It's in a decent area, close to the beach (obviously) if that's what you're looking for, but a bit out of the way of the city center and most of the touristy stops. Luckily very close to a metro stop, which is easy and affordable. Staff was pleasant, rooms were clean, a decent selection of (free!) breakfast, and aside from being stuck in a room with a bunch of very loud and disrespectful British boys I had a very pleasant stay. Next time I'll just spring for a smaller room or a private.

Hello and thanks for your review! We are happy that you had a good time here, and if you come back you can ask for a smaller room =) Have safe trips!