Astor Hyde Park

All members of the staff were excellent. They helped me with any question or issue I had (including helping me remove a bit of rubber from my iPod headphone jack). They all live there, which makes them a bit chummy and hard to distinguish from travelers, but they're incredibly friendly. The directions provided online are not very good if you're unfamiliar with the way London street numbering works though, so take note and find an alternate map if you're navigationally challenged like I am.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always happy to help and we are always available for any assistance. We are currently updating our directions on our website to make sure it is not a mission for travelers to locate the hostel. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we hope to see you soon!

Snoozles Hostel Galway

Galway, Ireland

Every member of the staff I interacted with was incredibly pleasant and helpful. The staff happily recommended places to eat and the best places to visit (including recommending specific bars to visit as a solo female). Although Galway doesn't seem to be a dangerous place, having actual security staff was comforting to see. I cannot say enough about the friendliness and kindness of the staff. Wonderful location within walking distance of town and right by the station was also hugely helpful.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Despite having staff members try twice to make my assigned safe function properly, it didn't work the entire duration of my stay. One (female) member of the staff was very friendly, but the rest were lacking. One night, the staff assigned 10 people to an 8 bed room, causing a great deal of noise and disruption at 8am. One man was smoking in the room, a violation of stated non-smoking policy, and yet after multiple complaints to the desk staff, he was only briefly removed from the room. Dislike.