Palio (Haad Rin) Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

En-suite toilet & shower were cold & faulty. But nothing serious - was in all a good stay. There's a nice communal area outside which encourages mixing with people and they held a pretty good service on the night of the full moon party.

• 14th Nov 2013

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Just a really nice hostel. Pleasant staff, decent food, decent swimming pool.. The rooms are nice and clean, cleaners are friendly, tour staff are helpful - I noticed they took no commission on the trip I booked. The hostel supports local business and development - its just a great gig. Big communal areas, organized group events like pool competitions, happy hours, food walks. One thing to note, the main area is about 3 minutes walk. Which to me, was ideal. This place is sound, book it.

Silom Art Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Really nice looking hostel with good rooms. My shower was a bit temperamental. There is an awesome rooftop hangout and the hostel is 5mins from the sky rail. If it was busier while I was there it has the potential for an amazing atmosphere, with a piano, young staff and a good bar and amazing rooftop. I would say this is a great place for large groups.

• 31st Oct 2013

Diva Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Really awesome hostel. The front staff are really welcoming, the chef is great! They are very helpful with bookings and advice - really pleasant staff. The room was clean, the shower was hot and the ac was sound. I think this was my favorite hostel on my trip so far. Book here and be sure to try out the menu.

• 27th Oct 2013