Location USA,

Hotel Baron, Washington DC, USA
10th Jan 2015

St Enoch Hotel, Glasgow, Scotland
19th Apr 2014

The hostel was alright, but the beds were the must unstable things I've ever slept in. I was on a top bunk, and every time the person below me moved in the slightest, the whole top bunk swayed. It was a little nauseating. However, for just one night it was alright.

Hootananny Hostel, London, England
8.0
16th Apr 2014

It was a good value and decently clean and comfortable, but beware the music venue on the ground floor. Yes, it's great that guests get a discount at the bar, but if you plan on getting any sleep at all, best bring your earplugs or sound-cancelling headphones. The music was SO loud EVERY night that I could feel my metal-frame bunk bed vibrating to the too-high bass. If you're there to party, or if you're only there for a night or two, it'd be fine. But be aware of what you're getting into.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
9th Apr 2014

Seriously great. I was doing a research project at the Cathedral and Kipps was not only convenient as it was only about a 10 minute walk to the Cathedral but it also gave me a quiet and comfortable place to work while I wasn't actually in the Cathedral. It was super clean and comfortable, everyone was so friendly, and the kitchen facilities were excellent and really helped me save a few extra pounds. There's also a lovely garden which was perfect for the mild weather that weekend. Excellent.

MEININGER London Hyde Park, London, England
24th Jan 2014

I'd booked an 8-bed room and was placed in a 4-bed room, which was great because it was quieter and I was less concerned about security. The bathrooms were great - finally a hostel with individual bathrooms/showers rather than a big room with a bunch of stalls. However, I would have liked to have a quiet sort of lounge place to hang out... they only really had the lobby, which was very crowded and loud most of the day, especially since the building hosts a whole number of activities daily.

Dear guest, thank you for your positive feedback regarding our rooms. We also have a lounge area on the 1st floor by the breakfast room which is open during all day with some couches and wifi access as well. Its definitely more quiet than the one in the ground floor :-) Greetings from Meininger London

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
5th Dec 2013

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
25th Oct 2013

This was my first-ever stay in a hostel, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Aside from learning the bigger the dorm, the more noise and less sleep you'll get, I had a fantastic experience. Castle Rock is literally in the shadow of the castle, and is super close to everything I wanted to see and do. It's the coolest space, with really awesome common spaces, and decorated with fun art all over. The staff was super friendly and gave us great advice on where to eat and how to get there. A+

A+ ! Yay! We feel honoured to be your first hostel, and as they say, you never forget your first! See you next time you're in Edinburgh! :-)