Miyanoura Portside Youth Hostel

Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

great place but could probably do with more seating in the common room area.

Tabicolle Backpackers

Fukuoka City, Japan

A second would be useful otherwise a good place for a short stay.

Hagi Guesthouse Ruco

Hagi, Japan

Beautiful designer guest house with very friendly host. Try the breakfast, small but tasty for 300 yen.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Rooms were overcrowded. common room was also full and people sat in the stairwell or had to hang out in dorm which was stuffy. A pity as otherwise a good hostel.

Thank you for your comment. Well, we have only room and common room. Somethimes if it is full, you might feel overcrowed. But on the other hand, it is easily to make friends. We hope you enjoyed in Japan!

Imazato Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Quiet hostel in quiet location. Easy to find if you follow instructions only 5 to 8 minutes walk from exit 8. Good breakfast but my was very weak. On my second night I was the only guest.

U-RIN-AN

Okayama Kurashiki, Japan

Different from your usual hostel experience which is a good thing. I arrived on a Saturday night and there was a classical concert on, 7-8pm. when some people left there were about 15 left who were staying the night as well. Aside from myself there was another Australian, the others were japanese guests. After dinner (optional) for 1000¥, showers were sorted out and tatami sleeping rooms organized by gender. Note pillows were strange even for my Japanese room mates.

Green Guest House

Kagoshima, Japan

Friendly staff and the manager speaks good English. There were a lot of Japanese guests there when I stayed so a good opportunity for gaijin to meet with Japanese travellors.

Great place to stay, friendly staff.

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

Great location close to the train station and spacious rooms. Would recommend.

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

Great location and comfortable accommodation. Recommended..