Residencia Oliveira

Lisbon, Portugal

Well where do I start. Very peculiar building lay out, very old fashioned and old. Found out we were located in another building and when we got there it was worse. The hallways smelt like urine, the stairs slanted to the side - I felt like I was in the haunted house in Alton towers. Room was really basic. We had a plastic garden shed door which didn't reach the top of the doorway so we had a huge gap. Kitchen facilities where located on the roof Terence of the previous building- very bizarre!!?

• 3rd Nov 2013

People Hostel Sintra

Sintra, Portugal

This was an unusual hostel, to enter and exit you had to climb up or down a huge staircase in a very old and dark building, as I'm a smoker and the hostel itself had no balconies or outside areas to smoke, this meant climbing down the dark stairways multiple times in the evening. The beds were not bunk beds and lined up close to each other, felt like we were packed in like sardines :( no privacy. The bathroom was basic, no lock on the door even to the shower room. Other areas were great

• 2nd Nov 2013

Carcavelos Beach Hostel

Carcavelos, Portugal

A beautiful new hostel, the facilities were pristine and the staff member was very pleasant and helpful. We booked last minute and pretty much had the hostel to ourselves but I can imagine during the peak months it would be a great atmosphere.

• 1st Nov 2013

Yes ! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

A warm and welcoming hostel, with a buzzing and friendly atmosphere. It was so handy that the bedroom has a balcony, and the staff are willing to print off your boarding cards etc for no charge. Good breakfast and reasonable priced snacks and drinks availible throughout the day and evening.

• 31st Oct 2013