Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Galway, Ireland

Nothing special.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Pretty awesome hostel with good security. The bigger dorm rooms are nicer than the 4 persons. Stay here.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is not bad. Be aware that it's one of those chain major hostels, and it's huge. A lot of bug tour groups stayed there while I was there as a solo. It feels more like an army barracks than a hostel. The reason I say that is because no one really socializes outside their groups. The bar is small and not very many people go there. The common area is just people sitting and texting. If you try you can make some friends. Location is good (right in vondelpark). Staff are somewhat helpful

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you liked our location. Sometimes we have some groups staying with us. This does not happen very often, but we hope they didn't cause you any problems. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Astor Victoria

Nice staff. Stayed in this hostel for the ten minute walk to meet Busabout for my tour. I hated how there was the sink in the middle of the room. It was annoying to having to listen to people staying in the same room as you brush their teeth, hork up phlegm and do other disgusting bathroom rituals right there in the middle of the room when you're trying to sleep. The washrooms are also really cramped with no soap or paper towel. Probably won't stay here again.

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

This was a great hostel. It was very cozy, house-like atmosphere and easy to chat with people. This was the first hostel I stayed at where they cooked breakfast for you and didn't have to pay (included in the price). The staff would hang out and chat with their guests regularly and were very helpful. The only thing is that it's a little far from the city centre, about a 35-40 minute walk. Will stay here again and tell all my friends to as well.

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

Nothing bad or good stood out to me about this hostel. Pretty good I guess

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The key system is the worst I've had yet at any hostel so far. You have to hang on to you receipt your entire stay and show it to the staff every time you wanna go to your room so they can give you a key. You have to turn in said key every time you leave the building. It's annoying, especially when there are no keys left. Also, you can't eat your meals without the cleaning staff mopping/sweeping your feet. Probably won't stay here again.

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Very nice modern hostel. It was clean and presentable. It is a party hostel. I saw lots of bachelor(ette) parties and the bar/common is pretty cool. Just a few things to note: it's a little bit of a walk to O'Connell street/temple bar and there is no kitchen. The bathroom in my room went about a day and a half without the TP being refilled, and they ran out of pillows so they gave me two towels to sleep on :( Other then that, this hostel is pretty good.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Good place to stay. If you're going to party lots, stay here. If you value your sleep, don't stay here because it's in the heart of temple bar. Staff is friendly and always willing to help. Wifi connection is poor. Will defs stay here again!

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

Pretty good hostel. Nothing special either. The only thing is that they close down the common areas at midnight, even on weekends, so there's really no place to hangout after that. Breakfast is free and good. Nice big lockers assessable 24/7. Got kicked out of my room for emergency bathroom repairs and got a free upgrade for my last few nights. Toast and juice and coffee and cereal. Overall I would stay here again.

Clink78

Was slightly disappointed with this hostel. The room was crammed full of beds and not a lot of place to put your stuff. Sickness got to me after a few days. The staff will help you at reception or the bar after their done chatting with a friend. Lockers aren't free or it's hard to find a free one. Wifi is intermittent. A lot of theft in the rooms so beware of that. Can't use the kitchen in the morning. Random people out front trying to sell drugs as well. Probably won't stay here again.

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback! It is important for us that everybody has a good stay, so we are sad you didn't enjoy yours that much! Some of the rooms are smaller that others, we will be happy to change yours next time! We also have free lockers in every room over the bed, you just need to have a padlock to lock them. The kitchen in the morning is open for breakfast and then we open it for everybody's use from 12am to 12pm. Kind regards The Clink Team

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Essentially nothing wrong with this hostel. It was clean and quiet in the rooms. Good location. Awesome atmosphere. Good internet connection. Even the locals will come in if there's a gig playing. Close to bars and tourist areas. Only thing is the kitchen lacks essential things like a can opener. But this is minor. Will definitely stay here if I ever end up in Iceland again! Thanks!

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

M Montreal made for such an awesome first hostel experience. I was greeting by staff in a friendly manner, got the paperwork dealt with fast, and was shown around and pre-warned of all the awesome parties that were going to happen during my visit. The room was clean when I arrived. Facilities were clean and not damaged. Fresh towel everyday was nice. Location was perfect for the whole weekend (concert, hockey game, bars, shopping etc). Definitely going to return if I ever end up in Montreal agai