Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

A few things about this hostel: the directions here on HW are very vague. I had to find wifi so I can google map it once I got into town. Protip: do this at your last known point of reliable wifi. Also, there's next to no security; i had some hostel mates bring back a bunch of randoms from the bar. Keep your stuff locked up (locker included when you pay, which was nice). It's noisy. Don't expect to get much sleep. Wouldn't stay here again. Friendly staff, free sandwich for breakfast.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Pretty good hostel. clean. Own lockers are free. Nice staff, cool bar. Beware of contiki tours.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

A mix between a hotel and a hostel. Close to the main train station. Daily housekeeping. A slight upgrade from any normal backpackers hostel. Nice rooftop terrace and you can free load some internet up there from the neighbours. BEWARE this is the first hostel I've stayed at while traveling for 7 months where they charge you to use wifi. Beware of that. Go to the restaurant across the street. A lot of stairs. Friendly staff.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Reception staff are slow and have to write out 3 security cards for you when you check in. It's about 1 hours walk to the beach. trust me, I did it in my flipflops after I got my money stolen from me. Good kitchen and common room. Nothing outstanding

Dear friend, thank you for staying with us. Next time if you wish to walk a short distance to the beach I recommend you to check the location of the hostel before you book it, it will save you a lot of time, sorry about your money, hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

360 Hostel MalasaƱa

Madrid, Spain

They need to fix the lock on the front door, otherwise the staff will tell you not to break down the door. The staff also need to refrain from playing loud music after 11pm because there are rooms right next to the speakers. If you stay on rooms on the main floor, you'll have to walk past reception to go to the bathroom.

• 31st Jul 2014

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Pretty good hostel. Modern and clean. Beware of kids and families. Don't get discouraged my the area that it's in. Brussels is a dirty city anyhow. It's about a slow 30 min walk to the Plaza, and it gets confusing walking back at night. SO go with a friend.

• 17th Jul 2014

Woodquay Hostel Galway City

Galway, Ireland

Nothing special.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Pretty awesome hostel with good security. The bigger dorm rooms are nicer than the 4 persons. Stay here.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is not bad. Be aware that it's one of those chain major hostels, and it's huge. A lot of bug tour groups stayed there while I was there as a solo. It feels more like an army barracks than a hostel. The reason I say that is because no one really socializes outside their groups. The bar is small and not very many people go there. The common area is just people sitting and texting. If you try you can make some friends. Location is good (right in vondelpark). Staff are somewhat helpful

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you liked our location. Sometimes we have some groups staying with us. This does not happen very often, but we hope they didn't cause you any problems. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Astor Victoria

Nice staff. Stayed in this hostel for the ten minute walk to meet Busabout for my tour. I hated how there was the sink in the middle of the room. It was annoying to having to listen to people staying in the same room as you brush their teeth, hork up phlegm and do other disgusting bathroom rituals right there in the middle of the room when you're trying to sleep. The washrooms are also really cramped with no soap or paper towel. Probably won't stay here again.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

This was a great hostel. It was very cozy, house-like atmosphere and easy to chat with people. This was the first hostel I stayed at where they cooked breakfast for you and didn't have to pay (included in the price). The staff would hang out and chat with their guests regularly and were very helpful. The only thing is that it's a little far from the city centre, about a 35-40 minute walk. Will stay here again and tell all my friends to as well.

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

Nothing bad or good stood out to me about this hostel. Pretty good I guess

• 14th Mar 2014

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The key system is the worst I've had yet at any hostel so far. You have to hang on to you receipt your entire stay and show it to the staff every time you wanna go to your room so they can give you a key. You have to turn in said key every time you leave the building. It's annoying, especially when there are no keys left. Also, you can't eat your meals without the cleaning staff mopping/sweeping your feet. Probably won't stay here again.

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Very nice modern hostel. It was clean and presentable. It is a party hostel. I saw lots of bachelor(ette) parties and the bar/common is pretty cool. Just a few things to note: it's a little bit of a walk to O'Connell street/temple bar and there is no kitchen. The bathroom in my room went about a day and a half without the TP being refilled, and they ran out of pillows so they gave me two towels to sleep on :( Other then that, this hostel is pretty good.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Good place to stay. If you're going to party lots, stay here. If you value your sleep, don't stay here because it's in the heart of temple bar. Staff is friendly and always willing to help. Wifi connection is poor. Will defs stay here again!

• 13th Feb 2014

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

Pretty good hostel. Nothing special either. The only thing is that they close down the common areas at midnight, even on weekends, so there's really no place to hangout after that. Breakfast is free and good. Nice big lockers assessable 24/7. Got kicked out of my room for emergency bathroom repairs and got a free upgrade for my last few nights. Toast and juice and coffee and cereal. Overall I would stay here again.

Clink78

Was slightly disappointed with this hostel. The room was crammed full of beds and not a lot of place to put your stuff. Sickness got to me after a few days. The staff will help you at reception or the bar after their done chatting with a friend. Lockers aren't free or it's hard to find a free one. Wifi is intermittent. A lot of theft in the rooms so beware of that. Can't use the kitchen in the morning. Random people out front trying to sell drugs as well. Probably won't stay here again.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback! It is important for us that everybody has a good stay, so we are sad you didn't enjoy yours that much! Some of the rooms are smaller that others, we will be happy to change yours next time! We also have free lockers in every room over the bed, you just need to have a padlock to lock them. The kitchen in the morning is open for breakfast and then we open it for everybody's use from 12am to 12pm. Kind regards The Clink Team

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Essentially nothing wrong with this hostel. It was clean and quiet in the rooms. Good location. Awesome atmosphere. Good internet connection. Even the locals will come in if there's a gig playing. Close to bars and tourist areas. Only thing is the kitchen lacks essential things like a can opener. But this is minor. Will definitely stay here if I ever end up in Iceland again! Thanks!

• 25th Jan 2014

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

M Montreal made for such an awesome first hostel experience. I was greeting by staff in a friendly manner, got the paperwork dealt with fast, and was shown around and pre-warned of all the awesome parties that were going to happen during my visit. The room was clean when I arrived. Facilities were clean and not damaged. Fresh towel everyday was nice. Location was perfect for the whole weekend (concert, hockey game, bars, shopping etc). Definitely going to return if I ever end up in Montreal agai

• 24th Oct 2013