Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel isn't on par with other St. Christophers. It is hot; even though the staff said they could turn the air down, they don't. Not very clean, excepting the beds which were fine. Light was broke. The place is one of/the loudest I've been to in maybe a dozen countries; the kind of people that come to this hostel are the absolute worst, uncultured and uninteresting people I could imagine. Even for the partying type, this place seems unfacilitating, and there are surely better hostels

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

Jetpack Jumpdesk was a very routine hostel with the exception of solid security measures to include lockers and a super pleasant staff that everyone seemed to like quite a bit. Berlin is hard city to do without public transport anyway, but this hostel isn't even close to the city center. I actually met quite a few fun people, but the place has a claustrophobic atmostphere.

Security is fine; Fuessen isn't a place one would get into to trouble or robbed anyway. Fuessen's also too small to have a bad location, too. The staff were all great, and the cleaning lady keeps the place clean. Atmosphere is quite, but every room is very well constructed and very spacious with rock-solid furniture and nice decoration. All of the basic facilities are included, including reading lights, and in addition you are given a bus card and can take advantage of their laundry service.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

One of the better of the large-scale hostel operations that I've been to, but like all of the others it suffers from the "hostel factory" atmosphere. To make matters worse, on certain nights music absolutely rips through the walls from the bar area. The rock-solid furniture and generally superior facilities puts it ahead of some other major franchises, though. Also, completely average staff, a decent value, and a perfect location.

Hostel Zeus

Athens, Greece

First and formost, this hostel comes with a (depending on the heat) 2-3 hour, free walking tour with a very interesting guide. While the atmosphere in this hostel is otherwise kind of poor, the walking tour was a great way to meet people. The staff are also excellent, and they helped me get in communication with a tour I'd booked and kept me up to date whenever they called the hostel, which made my stay so much easier. The shower/toilets are crude, but the AC is great. 24-hour manned desk.

Levanten Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This place definitely needed more electrical sockets, and that was the biggest downside. Otherwise, this hostel is a good value for the money. The temperature was bearable, even though Turkey was HOT, and the place stayed clean and secured from outsiders by a 24-hour manned front desk. The location is easy to find from the main square, but it is otherwise QUITE a way from the older area of the city.

Amsterdam Hostel Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The place was cleaned every day, I think. The rooms were sized large enough, the place stayed a comfortable temperature, and while there could be a few more plug ins, there were enough to get by with. The place wasn't over-priced, and though the facilities were on the basic side, nothing was uncomfortable. Big props for keycard doorway.

Ca' Venezia

Venice, Italy

I don't know if there's such a thing as a good location in Venice, but this hostel, once it is found, is easy enough to remember and "re-find". I didn't really like anything else about this hostel, and for the price that I paid, I expect to find more sockets in the room and reading lights, or decent AC, or SOMETHING beyond the basics. The shower was broken midway into my stay, but I guess that's not the staff's fault.

Corner Hostel Malta

Sliema, Malta

After finding out how cheap Malta's bus system is (1.5 euro daily, payable on the bus), I'm not sure how I feel about the 20 euro airport pickup, but everything else in this hostel was a rather good deal for the money. Nothing was noticeably dirty. The facilities were just the run of the mill kind. I don't know if I saw anything about laundry, but there is a kitchen available. The nearby bus stop (and the staff are more than willing to explain how to take advantage of it) got us everywhere.

Not the cheapest hostel in London, but not far from average (regrettably). I might be concerned about the security being comination locks, but the place didn't seem particularly unsafe. Everything else was really very nice. The rooms are small but WELL equipped, very comfy beds, sockets, lights, TV, computer (even headset/mic) and a mini fridge!!! The showers were super small, but always hot, so not a bid deal. My favorite staff member was local resident german shepherd!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we change the lock combinations weekly and never give the codes to anyone who is not staying in the hostel, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Location is wonderful, and the place feels safe. Free PC access is nice. The other facilities were mostly ordinary. The rooms get HOT even though it was February when I came. Like others, I couldn't find enough sockets, even when checking behind beds. The shower is push-activated (no problem), but the timings are off so that I had to press button every 5 seconds (I timed to be sure), making showering arduous. 5 euro deposit on towel rental on top of 2 euro fee is RIDICULOUS

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

A fairly easy to get to hostel with a decen atmosphere despite not offering much else that's spectacular. The showers/restrooms were ordinary, the rooms were just large enough not to feel cramped. The rooms do offer wall lockers instead of under-the-bed, so that's a plus. Also, at 20 pence, the towel rentals here are the cheapest I've seen yet, and I bumped up my facilities rating just because of that :) Also, I went downstairs VERY briefely, and I think the common area down looked fun.

STF/IYHF af Chapman

Stockholm, Sweden

A SUPER cool boat that I think is worth staying at for that aspect alone. To be honest I don't remember if it had laundry facilities, but it had everything else that you would want. The showers/restrooms were very clean, and although the shower operated on a push-activation, it was not much of a hassle and the water was always warm. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very large. I liked the people I met there and met many even though I didn't visit the common areas much.

Astor Museum Inn

This appeares to be a very safe part of town, and its easiness to find is probably the hostel's best part. Otherwise, although everything was very adequate with the place, it was entirely small, old, and unspectacular. I have found other hostels in London I would prefer, but I would not really mind going back here, either. It's entirely average with a great location and security.

Very quiet, pleasant hostel. Excellent showers. The location of the place is perfect for people arriving on the train (either from another city/country or from the express coming from the airport), although Google Maps BADLY misidentifies this hostel as a place two blocks away. Not a loud, party hostel, and I think it is even child-friendly. The beds were fine, and I believe it came with wall lockers instead of under-the-bed lockers, so that's another plus.

While this hostel is run like a big business and therefore can be lacking on the hostel feel sometimes, I can only really complain so much about that. This hostel is a bit of a walk to the city center, but it's not far compared to most other alternatives, and the navigation is easy. The beds are clean, fairly comfortable, and well equipped (lights, sockets, lockers), there is a keycard lock, and an elevator. The staff are friendly and mostly helpful, and the breakfast wasn't bad.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Perhaps my stay here was only happenstancely perfect, but everything, from the staff, to the facilities offered, to the people I met, were superior, and I honestly could not imagine my trip in Florence to have been so great without having gone here. Of note, commodities, food, and drink are sold here VERY cheap, the breakfast is far better than expected, and there are solid morning tours of the city offered every morning for free. The place is clean, quiet, and social without being bothersome.

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

I showed up late and left early, so my stay was brief, but this was my first hostel experience and I liked it. This is more of the "I share my home with you" kind of hostel, and so everything is small (except the kitchen, if I remember, which was rather large), but the young girl running the place was very nice and made the stop enjoyable. If anything, the age of the building makes it difficult to keep quiet on the second floor for others.