Tokyo Village

Sydney, Australia

I was not informed of reception's hours prior to arriving (so couldn't check-in) and had to leave my bags in the living room not a locked storage room. Compared to other hostel's around the world, this was pretty disappointing. The staff that served me seemed to be backpackers. Very forgetful - I had to go back to reception to be told to pay a key deposit and then back again, a 2nd time, to take down my towel number. Bathrooms are filthy but this is what you get. You have to pay for wifi!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Sorry about the inconvenience but a small hostel cannot offer the same service as a 200+ bed hostel but everyone knows everyone usually by name and this gives a security that you will not find in the more popular hostels around the world. And about the WIFI........you get 20 minutes free and it works fast....'free WIFI' usually is slow, full of restrictions etc,etc..................

Venice Beach Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

They have city activities most nights and have a bar. A decent place but majorly overpriced but that's San Fran for ya!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Republic of South Sudan

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Awesome place in Belltown close to downtown. Some staff were new and check-in took a while but I wasn't expecting hotel service so this was ok! Please provide bath mats if possible! Thanks

• 8th Jul 2014

Las Vegas Hostel

Las Vegas, USA

Located on Fremont Street, this place was an easy walk down to the Fremont St Experience. However, a bit far from the strip for those looking to head down there for your stay. However, I chose this place as it was cheaper than most and it has a pool for those hot, sweltering days. I had a great stay here. Thanks.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay if u wanna check out the Grand Canyon. There are some nice restaurants and bars nearby also and the greyhound station is nearby. If you ask nicely they may give you a lift there. My only gripe is that my roommate took my iPhone cord as we were sharing a socket with his double adaptor. So he conveniently took my new one and I ended up with his old one. No big deal but I'd recommend more sockets in the rooms.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Drifter Jack's Hostel

Austin, USA

Close to university so there are plenty of shops and bars around. Rooms are great and beds are comfy as! Thanks for a great stay

• 30th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

A good hostel to meet other travellers. They have breakfast from as low as $3 everyday and a $5 dinner which was awesome. The swimming pool is great to cool off from the hot sun. Great atmosphere

• 23rd Jun 2014

Capital Comfort Hostel

Washington DC, USA

A bit of a walk from the main attractions but a comfy bed and clean shower is all I needed for a one night stay. There are two locations so be aware of that. They're pretty close to each other

• 19th Jun 2014

Gorge View

Niagara Falls, USA

Everything about this place is excellent. It's a 10 minute walk to the Rainbow Bridge where you can cross the border into Canada to see the falls. I cannot recommend this place enough to people going to Niagara Falls. Thank you Jeff for picking me up from the bus stop too. Excellent host!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for staying with us and I'm so glad you got the most out of your trip visiting two countries walking from one Hostel is just what we expect everyone to do.... experience the up close personal experience visiting the falls from the US side provides and see the immensity of it from Canada's distant vistas not to mention the illumination is wonderful from that side. No thanks necessary, you know the bus stop was so close anyway. Happy trails!

Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

As with other hostels in Europe, it would be good if the hostel was able to arrange pub crawls or discounted meals at restaurants. For solo backpackers, this sort of thing would be helpful. This is a great hostel to stay in. Very clean, centrally located, buses pick you and up and drop you off here after tours that you can arrange through the hostel. The staff were very helpful. Take advantage of the many craft beers behind the bar too.

• 18th May 2014
  • New Zealand

This was an average hostel with clean beds and powerpoints by each bed to charge your phone etc. However, when the room fills up with more people the more warmer it gets in the room. We were not allowed to open the windows neither is there air-conditioning in any of the rooms. When I asked for a portable fan I was given a heater by one of the people behind reception. I would suggest that the hostel invest in portable fans pretty quickly before summer arrives as you will receive complaints!!

• 4th May 2014
  • New Zealand

I'm very sorry to hear that you received a heater, the heaters we have at the reception do also have a setting for cold but I guess it's not as easy to find. The fans are usually available for rent, they can plug in to the USB ports in the bed, we will have to purchase more to accommodate everyone, thank you for letting us know we run out. We are working on a more permanent solution for the few rooms that are affected St Christopher's Inn GDN

Hello Marseille Hostel

Marseille, France

This is a great place smack-bang in the middle of Vieux Port in Marseille. You have easy access to the Metro and Busses 19 and 21 which take you to the breathtaking Les Calanques! The hostel is small but this is what makes it unique. I was lucky to have a 5E dinner made by one of the guests. Tres Bon! Thank you also to Delilah and Ellie.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Merciiii ! Thanks for your support, and very glad you liked our project! Our non-profit organisation is specially proud of the good job done by our volunteers who come from all around the world to manage the hostel "for travellers by travellers" :) Kind regards, and see you again in Marseille!

360 Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

A big thanks to Rami, Ryan, Neve and Harriet for being helpful, friendly and awesome staff at 360 Hostel. I loved this place. There was plenty of space for you to chill out in. You can play ping pong, foozeball or cards downstairs in the common room. There are like 9 computers you can use and wifi is excellent in the whole building. The guys have activities for guests every day including some free dinners every now and then. What a great place and reasonably priced too. Cheers!

• 22nd Apr 2014

Pension Goiko

San Sebastian, Spain

Great place to stay in the middle of the centre of San Sebastian. Ernest was kind enough to recommend some cheap places to eat tapas. As a backpacker, this sort of service is really appreciated as we need to keep expenses down. The hostel is very clean and beds are comfy. My only concern is that there is only one bathroom (and toilet) for people who stay in the dorm rooms. So you may have to line up to use the bathroom in the morning!

• 20th Apr 2014

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Loved this place. Clean beds, excellent bathrooms and an awesome living area. I wish there was an outdoor space! BIG thanks to all the staff especially Jacob and Au who put up with my sh*t!

• 17th Apr 2014

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Best shower heads ever. This place was very clean and well looked after. The staff were cool too. Right in the centre of town basically and they offer a whole bunch of activities.

• 15th Apr 2014

Porto Wine Hostel

Porto, Portugal

I really liked staying here. The living room is fully equipped with everything you need including a guitar and playstation! I loved the 1€ port and 4hours of happy hour too! Thanks for a good time. My only suggestion would be to perk up the atmosphere a bit - maybe move the reception to the living room so the receptionists can be more social with guests!

• 12th Apr 2014

Portuguese Hostel

Sintra, Portugal

Great hostel for a one-night stay in Sintra. My only concern is that there are no staff on the premises during lunch hours and at night time which is unusual. Great wi-fi, great living room with TV and couches and great bed

• 11th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Dear guest, Thank you very much for the time you took to share your experience and opinion during your stay with us at Portuguese Hostel Sintra. Your comments have been greatly received and shared with our team. Indeed our reception closes at 8.00 pm but we work hard daily to ensure that our guests receive the most personalized service possible. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Loved the walking tour with Taylor and the roast chicken meal on Tuesday night. Great place to stay near a park with a great view of the bridge and Jesus. You could do something about keeping more change at the bar and/or kitchen as this became an issue when I only had 10 or 20 Euro notes. Most backpackers would go straight to an ATM and would not have change. Just a thought, but overall a good stay and I had fun!

• 8th Apr 2014

Bura Surfhouse

Lagos, Portugal

What a great crew of people at this place. This is not a hostel - reminds me of a Kiwi Bach from back home! From TJ´s PiriPiri chicken to Rob´s Sangria you will know that you will be well looked after. I was also lucky to go Paddle boarding for free too. Thanks so much guys. Take Care. Marlon.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

Loved this place. From the staff, to the facilities and the excellent Portugese dinners! Martina and Claudia were very helpful too. Quite possibly the best hostel I've been to. Great value! Thanks guys.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent place to stay - loved the terrace up top. Great staff too!

• 27th Mar 2014

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

ALL GOOD!

• 23rd Mar 2014

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

Excellent hostel - probably the best I've been to and I've been travelling a lot lately. My only gripe was their management of guest bookings - in particular after I returned from a Sahara Desert tour that the hostel helped arrange. Prior to the tour I had a bed but when I returned I was asked to sleep on a couch in the common area. It was difficult to sleep as guests were always walking through and talking. My advice is to be honest and say that you are booked out. It's ok to be honest!

• 15th Mar 2014

Hostel Cloud Nine

Essaouira, Morocco

Great team of people. Always helpful!

• 12th Mar 2014

Bobs Bunkhouse

Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks Bob and Joan for an excellent short stay at your place. I will recommend to friends when they come to Jo'burg. Marlon

• 9th Mar 2014

Green Elephant

Cape Town, South Africa

Nyasha and the crew were very helpful and super friendly. Made my short stay in Cape Town a good one. Thanks Guys, Marlon.

• 20th Feb 2014