Backpacker Samui Hostel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Not a bad little hostel - when I was there it was filled with 18-19 yr olds who wanted to get drunk all the time which was a bit unfortunate on my side as I felt like I was back in magaluf. Nice staff though, very helpful. If you want to be really close to the bars it's a great location.

• 20th Mar 2014

Chill Out House

Koh Lanta, Thailand

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel and I met lots of lovely people there. The staff are very welcoming but there's not always someone around on reception so you have to go searching for them! Also, location is brill as it's right on the beach, but bring ear plugs if you're staying in a dorm - they're very open and you can hear everyone below and also the bars. Great that there's free wifi, but it takes some persevering to get connected! A nice place that needs a few tweaks here and there.

• 16th Mar 2014

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

I think this must be the best hostel in Krabi Town. Room are nice and spacious and so much room for storage. Also it's right in the centre of the town.

• 10th Mar 2014

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Good hostel. I stayed in an all girl dorm and was very quiet at night so you could get a good nights sleep. I didn't arrive until 2am which wasn't a problem, but found some dirty marks on my sheets. Other than that, a good hostel in the centre of it all

• 8th Mar 2014

Thomas's Hotel on Hereford

Christchurch, New Zealand

A really nice, quiet hostel (not hotel). A nice communal area with TV and a few choices of DVDs. The staff are pretty friendly and helpful too. Slightly overpriced for a hostel, but saying that there aren't many in the area so they can get away with it.

• 6th Mar 2014

YHA Queenstown Lakefront

Queenstown, New Zealand

I really liked the communal areas of this hostel. Really easy to get chatting to other travellers and it was so comfy. Kitchen is also big and very clean. Nice location on the lakefront but it is a 10/15 min walk to town.

• 28th Feb 2014