Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I wish I could have stayed longer! Unkas cooked for everyone in the hostel one night and it was delicious. He also organised a tour for us with one of his friends. Sarajevo is a beautiful city. The hostel is clean, the bar a good place to meet travellers and the kitchen is well equipped. I'd definitely come back.

Hostel DACA

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The only reason I've marked down atmosphere as average is because I was the only guest, so I can't judge that. Tanja, the owner, was lovely. She bought me cake on my first night and a delicious lunch the next day. My only real complaint would be the very strong smell of cigarette smoke that covers everything. Very clean and homely place otherwise.

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

“Very characterful hostel - I stayed in the standard four bed dorm which was tiny but cosy and comfortable. The kitchen was good and the common room adequate. I would come back.”

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers! It was a pleasure to host you at Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town! I hope to see you again in Dubrovnik, you know where is your home next time when you are in Dubrovnik! Happy travels from all of us! :)

Split Guesthouse & Hostel

Split, Croatia

Josko is friendly & helpful & the hostel has a homely feel. However, it was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. The floor was not swept once during my stay & had clearly not been swept for several weeks before I arrived. There was a large sticky patch on the floor of the dorm where a soft drink had been spilled some time before. The bathroom had many discarded and abandoned shower gel bottles and shampoo bottles inside the shower cubicle tray. It could be so much better than it is.

I am really sorry V,but i think you are blowing it our of proportions.... although it is sometimes good to get a slap from someone from time to time as we get too comfortable sometimes. Cleaning crew on its way hahahahaha...best times Josko

Boutique Hostel Forum

Zadar, Croatia

Stripy! Although I loved the privacy of the pod beds, they do mean it's hard to chat to your dorm mates. Great for a good nights' sleep, though :)

Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I loved it here. Igor was a fantastic host and I enjoyed our yoga practise :)

likewise!

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

One of my favourite hostels! A really friendly place - I met loads of great people here. The location is in the heart of Kreuzberg, within easy reach of major clubs and brilliant bars. It's only a short hop to get into the city centre and has far more atmosphere. The staff were really friendly too.

It was functional and the bed was comfy. The room was dingy and you couldn't open the shutters to let in any light. The bar only accepts tokens, which I didn't like. However, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is good, being right near the train station and the bus station. It's Rome, so it was always going to be expensive, but it's still too much pay for the standard of room given.

Tasso Hostel

Florence, Italy

A lovely hostel! Very lively. There was a live band on while I was there, which was a nice surprise. Bring ear plugs, though - the dorm I was in was directly above the function room and hallway and it was VERY loud until gone 1am. Of course, you can always go down and join in, as long as it's not a private function...