• 30th Jan 2014

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

The bathrooms were horrible and they were very dirty! No paper, no soap... There was noise during all the night (from the street and from the hostel, due to a party). When I arrived, I found almost all the guests in the kitchen-living room. They were drinking alcohol and most of them drunk. I don't recommend you this hostel if you wants to rest.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Argentina

Drunk? On holiday?! Blasphemy. ..A hostel wouldn't be my personal preference for somewhere to get some rest, but if you were looking for a quieter place you might try our other hostel down the road, which has a little more of a 'hotel-y' feel than Hatters. And remember if you ever need anything we're on reception 24/7 and usually have a toilet roll or two up our sleeves or balancing on our heads.

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

It's a clean hostel. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is really good! The bed was a bit unconfortable and it would be better if each guest don't have to make and strip the bed. In spite of that, it's a good hostel.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

Thank you for your comments, we have recently added memory foam mattress toppers to our beds making them super comfortable. The clean folded and ironed sheets are presented to each new arrival so that it is clear they are are totally fresh and clean, on departure it is not necassary to strip the bed, this is only a polite request to assist the house keeping staff.