Reviews: beaconhillian7383

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 31

In&basic Hostel Lounge

San Jose, Costa Rica

I stayed here at the end of my trip and it was a nice place to relax. They like to play music all day and it typically started around 8am so if you like to sleep in later than that, you may want to bring some earplugs. The staff were all very helpful and I really enjoyed my time with them!

• 9th Feb 2014

El Cactus Samara Backpacker

Playa Samara, Costa Rica

The hostel itself was kept very clean, but I found the atmosphere a little too sterile; Everyone seemed to keep to themselves and it wasn't a very social place, which I guess could be a good thing if you are looking for a very quiet place to stay . I was there for quite a few days and throughout my stay the staff wasn't very helpful and a few times they were just plain rude. I loved Samara, but I did not like my experience at El Cactus. The other hostels in the area seemed much more lively!

• 30th Jan 2014

Las Mariposas

Playa Samara, Costa Rica

I spent 10 days at Las Mariposas and it was a fantastic hostel. Everything about it invites you to relax and enjoy your surroundings. The many hammocks around the property are the perfect place to escape the sun and get some reading in during the day, and then at night they become a hub of social activity. The facilities are great, the staff is top notch, and the stunning beach is just a short walk away. I would definitely recommend this hostel to fellow travellers. It's amazing.

• 20th Jan 2014

Hostel Van Gogh

San Jose, Costa Rica

I spent six days at the Hostel Van Gogh and they were wonderful. There is a curfew, which means the atmosphere is quiet and respectful and very well maintained. The staff was extremely knowledgable and helpful, they even made us scrambled eggs every morning. They were delicious! David, the owner, even took us out on a walking tour one day and showed us some of the sights in San Jose. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to other travellers.

• 14th Jan 2014

Thank you very much!! :)

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

I had a wonderful stay at Bada Bing and I would stay there again. They always made me feel welcome and did everything they could to ensure that I was happy. Great staff, great atmosphere. I recommend it!

• 14th Nov 2013