• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
26th Dec 2014

The hostel was the start of our trip in Cambodia. It was great (except for the hot water being broken) the bar upstairs served a DELICIOUS BBQ, and the free drink on arrival was awesome. We enjoyed out stay and would DEF stay again.

Abrahams Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
16th Nov 2013

Paddy's Palace Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
6.0
10th Nov 2013

I was meeting the Paddy Wagon tour in Belfast, and they had called the hostel to let me know where/when to meet. When I went to reception to get the info, the receptionist was no where to be found. I asked the cleaners, and no one knew where she was. Once she came in, I asked her about my message and she responded "Oh, yeah - I didn't know who you were, then forgot to look for you". Since I didn't get the info, I missed the Black Taxi Tour, which was the #1 thing on the tour I was looking to do.

The Lomond, Glasgow, Scotland
4.3
1st Nov 2013

The directions to the hostel via bus were incorrect (there was no bus line from the station to them). You were not allowed to check in after 7pm (no exceptions). You could only pay in cash, and there was no reception. No wifi, and there was no map in the hallway (entrance) that showed where the property was located in accordance with the rest of the city. You could never find a staff member to ask any questions, and Breakfast wasn't included in the B&B.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
29th Oct 2013

Great place to spend Halloween - decorations, AND a party in the hostel bar!