Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I was there for carnival 2014 and then place was great. My only complaint was that breakfast was from 9-11. Not good if you want to get an early start to the morning.

Pisko & Soul

Cusco, Peru

Awesome place. Clean, quiet, great breakfast, great staff. 3 min walk from main plaza. Stay here.

Good place, no complaints. The staff is very helpful and very flexible when making and changing reservations. They let me check in at 5 am when I got there and sleep in a bed.

This is a party hostel. If this is what you like then come here. If you like peace and quiet in the evenings, choose somewhere else. I loved my stay. The atmosphere is great and I met a lot of chill people. I just recommend ear plugs since the rooms face the street and the windows are open at night to keep the rooms cool

Hotel Flor Blanca

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Good place. No complaints.

Monteverde Hostel Lodge

Monteverde, Costa Rica

Nice clean rooms. Big lounge area. Good place.

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Very good place. Very clean and super helpful staff. Pool, volleyball and slack lines entertained us in our downtime. Downsides: could be a little noisy at night sometimes and there was no communal kitchen, only a restaurant. Would definitely recommend.

Gaudys Backpackers Hostel

San Jose, Costa Rica

Good place. Very laid back atmosphere, not for partying if you are into that. Downside is that there are only a few bathrooms. They are pretty clean for being the so few in the place though.

I was there over Christmas. Very cool atmosphere. There were a lot of chill people to meet who went out together every night. They had a huge free Christmas dinner which was unexpected but awesome. My friends and I got a private room. It was clean, but there was mold in the bathroom and we couldnt stop sneezing when we were showering. We tried to change rooms but the whole place was booked for the holidays. Besides that the hostel was awesome and I loved the vibe.