Location USA, Gender Female, Age 22

• Spain, Female, 18-24
Roots and Boots Hostel, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
19th Mar 2016

This hostel is located in a nice area for exploring the city, but it is a slightly far walk if you are arriving by train or bus. If flying out of Santiago, there is a bus stop to the airport about a 10 minute walk away. The rooms could be upgraded by getting heavier bedding and installing reading lights and sockets by every bed . The backyard area would be great in the summertime! Staff was helpful, and they serve food for those who don't feel like cooking or leaving the hostel :)

Light House Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
11th Feb 2016

This was a wonderful hostel. Everything was well maintained and felt incredibly homey. The staff are fantastic and interact constantly with the guests. There is a large wall for projecting an ample number of movies, which is great for quiet nights in. There was also a free dinner one of the nights that I was there and it was a really great way to meet other people. The rooms had soap and hand towels in the bathroom, which was a great surprise. I did not want to leave this hostel!

Barnacles Temple Bar House, Dublin, Ireland
10th Feb 2016

I was only in for one night, so I didn't have a chance to interact much with the staff or use much of the hostel facilities. The hostel was very clean and in a great location. It is right outside of temple bar but I did not find it too loud at night (and I was there on a weekend). Each bed had a charger and reading light which was really handy.

Astor Queensway, London, England
4th Feb 2016

The staff here were very friendly and regrettably I wasn't able to spend much time at the hostel because I was visiting friends in the city. I loved that I was able to borrow a hair dryer and adaptor, as many places don't offer this option. The hostel could improve their rooms by adding outlets and reading lights by each bed. Each night and morning different people had trouble gathering their items because they didn't want to turn the main light on while others were sleeping.

Vertigo Vieux-Port, Marseille, France
8.0
29th Jan 2016

This was a decent hostel and the Staff were friendly. The room was giant and had lockers, but could be improved by adding outlets and reading lights by each bed. The hostel does not have much of an atmosphere as it is split into different buildings. Location was great though, right by the port :)

Sleep Well Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
4th Jan 2016

The Sleep Well Youth Hostel was located in a convenient location and was kept very tidy. I felt secure having a key card to get in and out of my room and the free breakfast was very nice: bread and jam/butter/nutella, juice, milk, tea, coffee, cereal, oranges, and fried eggs. My only complaint would be with the room facilities. My socket did not work to charge my phone near my bed, and the bathroom and shower (while clean) seemed to smell of urine (most likely the pipes)

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
3rd Jan 2016

I had a positive experience at the Lybeer Hostel and would certainly stay again. Everything was well maintained and clean, and the location was great. The hostel offered tea and coffee as well as a free tour of the city. The only downside was that the desk was not always manned, and I don't believe that the luggage storage had a lock.

• USA, Male, 18-24
Pathpoint Cologne, Cologne, Germany
2nd Jan 2016

The hostel was in a great location, central and close to the train station. The rooms were nice with large locking cabinets, en-suite bathrooms, and reading lamps and power sockets next to each bed. Everything was well maintained and the staff were friendly. The only downside was that the atmosphere was lacking. Because the common area was the only area with wifi, whenever people were there they were only focused on their screens. Overall good experience. Would certainly stay again :)

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review! We are glad you had a lovely time and hopefully we will see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels! :-)

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Supertramp Hostel, Machu Picchu, Peru
7.1
7th Nov 2013

For the money, SuperTramp was a decent hostel. It was in a good location, in the middle of Aguas Calientes and near the train station, and the staff let us keep our things at the hostel when we went to Machu Picchu even after we checked out. There was no key to our room and when we checked baggage they didn't have us mark the luggage (not very secure). Also, the window in our room wouldn't shut and there was music outside the whole night. For the price though it was a decent hostel.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
6th Nov 2013

I was with a group of 7 people, and everyone agreed that this was THE BEST HOSTEL we had EVER stayed in! The security made it feel incredibly safe, the beds were very comfortable, everything was clean, the atmosphere was great, the staff was super helpful and every day there were different activities planned. I don't know why anyone would choose to go to any other hostel, let alone a hotel.