Reviews: HashtagKai

Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 28

Arenal Backpackers Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
6.9
24th May 2017

Rude staff, charging ports in bathroom. I booked a female dorm and was put into an empty dorm so I didn't realize it was a mixed dorm. When I got back that night i realized it was a mixed dorm. I went to the front desk to tell them, and to be honest these mistakes happen I wasn't upset until the guy at the desk didn't apologize at all! He just said "oh I can move you upstairs a girls dorm" as if he was doing me a favor. Throughout my stay I've found staff generally not particularly helpful.

Hostel Urbano Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica
23rd May 2017

Great staff and generally good facilities except that my shower had hot water come in waves only. The room was nice with lockers under bed and close charging ports. In San Pedro which is nice but a tad far away, need a cab to bus terminals etc.

El Hostal, Antigua, Guatemala
22nd May 2017

One of the best hostels I've been to. Great bathrooms, great bed set up (light and power outlet), great breakfast. Highly recommended

Free Cerveza, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
6.0
21st May 2017

Heard some great reviews of this place. But when I was there everyone got sick! I knew there wouldn't be anything to do there and knew i'd have to have dinner there with the whole hostel, that night more than 90% of the guests got food poisoning, and since we all ate there and drank their filtered water it had to be from them. I would not recommend, go somewhere with better facilities and one that sells bottled water.

7.4
15th May 2017

Dorm of 12 was no problem at all, the rooms were big and well set up with curtains and power outlets next to your bed. The problem was with the bathrooms, I would expect when this many people are sharing 3 showers and 3 toilets they'd clean it more regularly. You can't flush toilet paper there yet they don't empty the bins nearly frequently enough. Overall I'd recommend this place but certainly can do with some improvements.

12th May 2017

The private room had waaay too many mosquitos. I later stayed in the dorms and it was much better. Generally a great place.

Mezcal Hostel, Cancun, Mexico

9th Aug 2016

Friendly AQP, Arequipa, Peru
5.1
28th Jul 2016

I sent a load of laundry in to be done. They took much longer to do it than they first said, which resulted in me rushing to get to the bus station. THe next day I discovered a few items of clothing were missing from the laundry. I contacted Friendly AQP and they responded admitting they found the lost items. I asked for the items to be posted to me in Lima, but they refused to respond after that no matter how many times I contacted them. Very disappointed!!! This is extremely poor service

Arthy's Guesthouse, La Paz, Bolivia
24th Jul 2016

20th Jul 2016

• Australia, Male, 25-30
Jalan-Jalan Besi, Melaka, Malaysia
5.1
1st Feb 2014

My friend and I booked a private room. The toilet in this room did not flush properly. They shower had fungal growth in it. Upon arrival at the hostel we rang the door bell many times and no one answered the door. It took about 20min before someone showed up saying they were helping another guest to get a taxi, not much apology was given. No sign on the door or contact number was left to say: "back in xx min".

Little Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
16th Jan 2014

Overall a very good hostel. The best part was the staff and free breakfast. My only minor (and i stress it is minor) is the lack of atmosphere, but on the whole it was a clean, safe and very friendly place to stay at.