Kariok Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1st Dec 2015

I stayed in Rio 2y ago, in the same neighbourhood and it felt safe so I deliberately chose the same one this time. There is a more local atmosphere feel than at Copacabana.Very close to Escadaria and Lapa, you can walk to it. Hostel staff was very friendly,esp.Alexis who went out of his way to help me with a SIM card, also gave me some recommendations for the time. Breakfast was good, I'm not picky though. I was in a single private, open tothe lobby so a bit loud at times.Had a pleasant stay.:)

The Mango Tree, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
11th Nov 2013

What I didn't like was how the plastic shower curtains on the ground floor were moldy. And the bathroom floor in our room was always flooded, cos the curtains are too short. Internet connection was bad, which is unforgivable in the 21st century in this city :) One night my friend lost his debit card and they didn't let us in their office to use the phone to call the bank, we even wanted to pay for the call. In the end we used Skype, but with extra hassle- again bad internet connection.

• Croatia, Mixed Group, 25-30
Motter Home Curitiba Hostel, Curitiba, Brazil
9th Nov 2013

The hostel is so nicely decorated, we liked it a lot. Comfortable beds, great breakfast. A bit empty at the time, but we needed rest so that was ok!

• Croatia, Mixed Group, 25-30
Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel, Florianopolis, Brazil
6th Nov 2013

Everything great, but not much of a party place, just for chilling I'd say :)

Iguassu Guest House, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
4th Nov 2013

My two friends and I were staying in a 6 bed dorm, the beds were very comfy. Everything was clean and maintained. The staff were also very helpful. Breakfast was amazing. The hostel was at a good location, only a bit far from the Falls. We also did their tour to Argentinian side, which was excellent. Only thing I didn't like is the price of doing the laundry, so it's 8R$/kg which is actually 40R$ for a full load. That's just too expensive in my opinion :)

Brazilodge All Suites Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
2nd Nov 2013

I stayed just a night with my boyfriend in a double bed bedroom. Everything was very clean and new. We overslept breakfast so I can't judge that. Since it's the center, the price is acceptable. I would definitely go back.