One Stop Hostel Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Really wasn't a fan of couples sharing beds and nothing being done about it. Why are prices the same for all room sizes?

• 12th Dec 2015

The Mad Monkey Kampot

Kampot, Cambodia

• 9th Dec 2015

Seagarden

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Amazing location, bungalows only had fans quite loud and hot, only 2 showers but no problem, right on the beach, food quite good.

• 5th Dec 2015

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

1 toilet/shower combo per 16 beds. This was filthy. AC flooded (didn't just leak, flooded) and destroyed all the electronics in my closed suitcase. Was told bad luck. After I told them 4 times. Usually they ignored me. Dirty floors thick with hair even after cleaning. Info about city not well communicated. No security- anyone can walk in. The book of tours and on going transfers has incorrect times and durations. I loved everywhere else I stayed in Vietnam but this was simply terrible.

• 27th Nov 2015

Wolfpack Hostel Dalat

Da Lat, Vietnam

Definitely one of the best places I've stayed. Loved the family dinner. Also booked an easy rider tour through this hostel which was simply amazing. Usually I prefer to hire my own - but we saw so much and it was nice to take in all the scenery for a change. Really nice and helpful staff here. Comfortable beds. Cannot recommend this place more!

• 24th Nov 2015

Hue Amazing HomeStay

Hue, Vietnam

Rat in the room was a big downside. Staff came into room a few times - once at night when I was trying to sleep and started talking to me which was pretty strange.

• 19th Nov 2015

Catba Central Hostel

Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

Boat cruise was amazing. Kong is the only member of staff who speaks English so you have a question and he's not there it's tricky.

• 11th Nov 2015

Mountain View Hostel

Sapa, Vietnam

Amazing hostel. One of the best I've stayed I'm Vietnam. Let me check in early - bonus points! Organise scooters. Nice people. Meet great people. Comfy beds. Beam bags I'm communal area. Can't fault the place.

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Globetrotter

Hey, I would like to thank you for your review and feedback of the services we provide in our hostel. It is great to see you had a great stay with us and enjoyed Sapa. We all hope that the rest of your travels went well and that we see you again in the future. Cheers, Manager

Kounsavan Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

They provide one blanket that isn't cleaned ever. No hand soap in toilets. Toilets clogged for days and not repaired and stank. Terrible wifi. Staff struggled to understand simple questions in English. Pretty good location. Good aircon.

• 27th Oct 2015

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

Great place to stay. Safe, good atmosphere, fantastic location. Would definitely recommend. I'll stay here if I'm ever back in bangkok

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

Excellent reviews for a reason. Great location, atmosphere, facilities, etc.

• 24th Jul 2015

Red Emperor Bar&Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

95% beds were booked by 1 group of people, so it was really, really unsociable. It was a pain to ring the doorbell every time we want to come in instead of other hostels where you can swipe card. I had to pay in cash which really annoyed me because they wouldn't take card because of "bank issues". The beds were super wobbly and creaky. Also my booking confirmation said breakfast at the hostel was available for €3 but when I checked in they told me just to go to the supermarket.

• 21st Jul 2015

Urban House

Copenhagen, Denmark

I really wish I was in a room with like minded travellers. There were a lot of older people who I didn't have much in common with. Also lots of families. Next time I'll be more careful to pick an age limited hostel.

• 15th Jul 2015

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Great location, hostel was clean and looked nice. Annoying to have to go upstairs to shower. Also notice of fines everywhere not very welcoming.

• 7th Jul 2015

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel. It was very hard to get the luggage storage compartment out from under the bed though due to a wardrobe in the way.

• 30th Jun 2015

Colebrooke House

Liverpool, England

We had a wonderful stay at Colebrooke House. It's an easy 10 minutes on the bus from the city centre, or a £5 private taxi ride. It is a house and there isn't signage as some of the reviews have said. If you want to stay in a hotel - be prepared to pay double! Paul is friendly, helpful and welcoming, there is free food provided and the place is very clean. We would stay again.

• 22nd May 2015

Euro Hostel Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed at in the UK. Clean, amazing location. Overall a great experience. Would definitely recommend.

• 21st May 2015

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Enjoyed my stay here. The set up and facilities were quite good, but it was social as I thought. It is a bit more out of town than I thought. Security was excellent with lockers and I appreciated 24 hour access. The toilets were clogged the whole time I was there even though management were informed of this and it was proper grosse. The showers were quite good for a UK hostel. The breakfast was very very basic, cereal and toast only.

• 15th May 2015

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

This was the best and by far the cleanest hostel I stayed in in the UK

• 2nd Jan 2015

The Monkeys in the Trees

Quiet and clean rooms, security lockers, 24 hour access, always felt safe, lovely staff. Would be amazing if they had washing facilities but there's a laundrette nearby. It's a bit far from the tube but 24 hour buses available.

• 6th Oct 2014

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni is a real hands on owner/manager. His directions and ideas of where to go were very helpful and inspired me to extend my stay in Naples. Great location, near sites and attractions and away from dodgy areas. The place is a bit hard to find so maybe print out directions before you get there. Loved the coffee in the mornings and the home cooked lunches occasionally from Giovanni.

• 11th Sep 2014

B&B Firenze 32

Naples, Italy

Would not call this a b & b. The breakfast consisted of a croissant in a packet and tea/coffee. I would nothing recommend staying near the station, it's a really dodgy area. Nice enough room, good security, and clean.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

I thought the rooms would be loud as there was a party on site but it was quiet. Nice and spacious rooms. Clean hostel. Great location, near station, bars, restaurants.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

Cold showers, dingy place, dodgy location. No laundry service as advertised.

• 30th Aug 2014

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location, rooftop bar, nice rooms, helpful staff, and discounts at the affiliated bar/cafe. Definitely recommend this place.

• 30th Aug 2014

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

Good relaxed vibe and social hostel. Lovely place to stay.

• 8th Aug 2014

Generator Hostel London

My only issue is the female toilets on my floor were blocked every day, stank and were not repaired. The showers are a bit grosse as there is one communal drain. The rooms are quite small.

• 31st Jul 2014

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

• 24th May 2014

Fabrika Hostel & Gallery

Vilnius, Lithuania

Bit of a hike to old town, but otherwise good. I thought there was a bar there - there isn't. Also not sure what the gallery is? Small hostel, nice people.

• 2nd May 2014

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent location - so convenient if arriving by train particularly late. Also, close to bus to the airport. Right between old town and new town. Near the meet up points for many tours. Clean location, nice staff. The only annoying thing is a lot of people had to move rooms half way through our stay for some reason that wasn't really clear.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear you made the most of our location, we love it too :) Bed changes can be due to people making different bookings in different rooms types. In some cases they can be unavoidable, this is when we offer free luggage storage through out the stay and a late check out if required :) Than you again for your review and all the best with your travels. Edinburgh Team

Clink78

Stayed here in a private room one night before going on a Top Deck trip. It was fine, but very very loud for a Monday night when I had to be up at 5am. I paid the extra for a private room (60 quid for one night) to try to get some peace and quiet, but the whole hostel was just loud, it felt like people were screaming outside my door until 2am.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We apologise if your room was noisy. Please, next time report it to reception. We will do our best to accommodate you somewhere else in the building. The Clink Team.

Avalon Hotel Paris

Paris, France

The area was a bit ghetto. Insufficient signage so we couldn't find our room as it was behind an unmarked closed door. Room stank a bit when we got back. Lift felt like it was going to fall.

• 8th Nov 2013