Excellent reviews for a reason. Great location, atmosphere, facilities, etc.

Red Emperor Bar&Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

95% beds were booked by 1 group of people, so it was really, really unsociable. It was a pain to ring the doorbell every time we want to come in instead of other hostels where you can swipe card. I had to pay in cash which really annoyed me because they wouldn't take card because of "bank issues". The beds were super wobbly and creaky. Also my booking confirmation said breakfast at the hostel was available for €3 but when I checked in they told me just to go to the supermarket.

Urban House

Copenhagen, Denmark

I really wish I was in a room with like minded travellers. There were a lot of older people who I didn't have much in common with. Also lots of families. Next time I'll be more careful to pick an age limited hostel.

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Great location, hostel was clean and looked nice. Annoying to have to go upstairs to shower. Also notice of fines everywhere not very welcoming.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel. It was very hard to get the luggage storage compartment out from under the bed though due to a wardrobe in the way.

Colebrooke House

Liverpool, England

We had a wonderful stay at Colebrooke House. It's an easy 10 minutes on the bus from the city centre, or a £5 private taxi ride. It is a house and there isn't signage as some of the reviews have said. If you want to stay in a hotel - be prepared to pay double! Paul is friendly, helpful and welcoming, there is free food provided and the place is very clean. We would stay again.

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed at in the UK. Clean, amazing location. Overall a great experience. Would definitely recommend.

Cardiff, Wales

Enjoyed my stay here. The set up and facilities were quite good, but it was social as I thought. It is a bit more out of town than I thought. Security was excellent with lockers and I appreciated 24 hour access. The toilets were clogged the whole time I was there even though management were informed of this and it was proper grosse. The showers were quite good for a UK hostel. The breakfast was very very basic, cereal and toast only.

The Monkeys in the Trees

Quiet and clean rooms, security lockers, 24 hour access, always felt safe, lovely staff. Would be amazing if they had washing facilities but there's a laundrette nearby. It's a bit far from the tube but 24 hour buses available.

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni is a real hands on owner/manager. His directions and ideas of where to go were very helpful and inspired me to extend my stay in Naples. Great location, near sites and attractions and away from dodgy areas. The place is a bit hard to find so maybe print out directions before you get there. Loved the coffee in the mornings and the home cooked lunches occasionally from Giovanni.

B&B Firenze 32

Naples, Italy

Would not call this a b & b. The breakfast consisted of a croissant in a packet and tea/coffee. I would nothing recommend staying near the station, it's a really dodgy area. Nice enough room, good security, and clean.

I thought the rooms would be loud as there was a party on site but it was quiet. Nice and spacious rooms. Clean hostel. Great location, near station, bars, restaurants.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location, rooftop bar, nice rooms, helpful staff, and discounts at the affiliated bar/cafe. Definitely recommend this place.

Cold showers, dingy place, dodgy location. No laundry service as advertised.

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

Good relaxed vibe and social hostel. Lovely place to stay.

Generator Hostel London

My only issue is the female toilets on my floor were blocked every day, stank and were not repaired. The showers are a bit grosse as there is one communal drain. The rooms are quite small.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Fabrika Hostel & Gallery

Vilnius, Lithuania

Bit of a hike to old town, but otherwise good. I thought there was a bar there - there isn't. Also not sure what the gallery is? Small hostel, nice people.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent location - so convenient if arriving by train particularly late. Also, close to bus to the airport. Right between old town and new town. Near the meet up points for many tours. Clean location, nice staff. The only annoying thing is a lot of people had to move rooms half way through our stay for some reason that wasn't really clear.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear you made the most of our location, we love it too :) Bed changes can be due to people making different bookings in different rooms types. In some cases they can be unavoidable, this is when we offer free luggage storage through out the stay and a late check out if required :) Than you again for your review and all the best with your travels. Edinburgh Team

Stayed here in a private room one night before going on a Top Deck trip. It was fine, but very very loud for a Monday night when I had to be up at 5am. I paid the extra for a private room (60 quid for one night) to try to get some peace and quiet, but the whole hostel was just loud, it felt like people were screaming outside my door until 2am.

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We apologise if your room was noisy. Please, next time report it to reception. We will do our best to accommodate you somewhere else in the building. The Clink Team.

Avalon Hotel Paris

Paris, France

The area was a bit ghetto. Insufficient signage so we couldn't find our room as it was behind an unmarked closed door. Room stank a bit when we got back. Lift felt like it was going to fall.