International House of Washington, Washington DC, USA
25th Apr 2014

Great hostel on a great location with awesome staff! Def. recommend staying here. For me it was a bit over my budget, so later in the week I moved to HI. I really regretted that, because this was so much better! It is clean, they give out free maps and help you a lot. The girl who works there borrowed me her own umbrella which was really nice. I had an awesome time here and met some great people. It is not a party hostel, but there are bars nearby. Only a 20 min. walk from Union Station.

18th Apr 2014

HI Chicago was awesome! Nice breakfast, good wifi, fun activities (well displayed what is going on in Chicago at the moment) and the location was excellent. Printing is quite expensive and the first night when I arrived someone was sleeping in my bed. The guy at the reception, pretended it was my fault and I needed to take care of it with housekeeping. Bit strange, but the rest of the Staff is very nice! One guy really helped me out when I had problems with printing. I had a blast!

Everglades Hostel & Tours, Everglades NP/Florida City, USA
7th Apr 2014

A really nice hostel with great facilities. They have an awesome treehouse, gazebo and natural pool. It is easy to get to from Miami Beach, but it will take about 2,5 hours. There is not much to do around the hostel, but because of the facilities it doesn't really matter. Staff is really nice, they have free pancake breakfast, a good equipped breakfast and it is very clean. Beds are comfy. I did the full day tour, thought it was great, but would have been nice to have a smaller group.

SoBe Hostel & Bar, Miami, USA
4th Apr 2014

The hostel is only 5 min. away from the beach. They clean the bathrooms twice a day, the only thing that was dirty was my bed. The sheets of the person before me were still there and when i brought them to the reception the lady just left me standing there with dirty sheets, checking if she put me in the wrong room, instead of showing me where to put them. There isn't wifi in the room and there aren't cooking facilities. There is wifi in the lobby, but is noisy, cause the music is always on.

Drifter Jack's Hostel, Austin, USA
18th Mar 2014

This hostel was right next to the university, what was really nice. The staff was also great and helped me wonderfully. The security is allright. My roommates often left the door open. They have lockers, but they are not that great. Really hard to open the locker and put your stuff in at the same time. You can't cook there and the kitchen is a combination of breakfast area, laundry room and doing your dishes. There are lots of places nearby to eat tough and they are quite cheap.

HI Austin, Austin, USA
7.7
16th Mar 2014

Hostel was located on the riverside, which I knew. It is only a short drive by bus into the city. When I was there, the guy at the reception didn't a lot (anything) about the public transport and when he looked it up and I arrived at the Metro, it wasn't even going on a Sunday! The riverwalk is supposed to be nice, but because of maintenance didn't do that. Rooms are big, it is very clean and they have a nice breakfast. Would be nice if you have a bit more privacy in the shower.

Lucky D's, San Diego, USA
7th Mar 2014

Loved it! Fun activities, nice staff ( especially the Spanish girls and the Maintenance guy) Security is excellent, good kitchen, nice breakfast, nearby cheap supermarket and the busstops. Also nearby the Greyhound! Everything is clean and there is a relaxed vibe in the hostel.

Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA
4th Mar 2014

Great hostel, with great people. Every night they have an event, so you get to know a lot of people in the hostel. It is about an hour walk towards Santa Monica pier, but it is a nice walk. There also busses nearby. At night they say it is not that safe, so you shouldn't be walking by yourself. They have a wonderfull security system and don't let anyone in they don't trust. Good kitchen, but also nice restaurants nearby. Breakfast was allright. One day they ran out of bread...

7.7
20th Feb 2014

When I arrived(10am) in the hostel I could check in straight away, which was great. Room wasn't cleaned yet ofcourse, but when I came back around 2pm and still saw someone's nail clippings I told the reception. No one showed up in the end and around 6pm the night shift reception cleaned it for me. Kitchen is well equipped, big dining area. Location is excellent! One lady at the reception didn't stop trying to sell me the daytrip after I already said 3 times that I wasn't interested!

Banana Bungalow Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
15th Feb 2014

I thought this was a very nice hostel. The staff was really nice :) They made this a wonderful experience. The hostel is located on Hollywood Boulevard, but a bit on the outside. The hostel provides wonderful information and print out tickets for free. They recommended me a nice hostel in SF as well, which turned out the be great.

Thank you for your positive review of Banana Bungalow Hollywood! Reviews really help us target the needs of our guests and make improvements for the next time you stay with us! We are constantly updating our accommodations to better suit our travelers. Make sure to visit the next time you are in Los Angeles!

Prince Albert Backpackers, Nelson, New Zealand
28th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I stayed at. There was free wifi, bike (rental), free breakfast (incl. making your own wafels). The hostel was very clean and all the rooms are 4 bed-ensuite. You are allowed to bring your own alcohol and they have tons of movies to watch. It is a 5-minute walk to town, but if you would like to go to the beach you'll have to by bus or car. The staff was awesome. Especially Mac :)

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers, Picton, New Zealand
27th Dec 2013

Really liked this hostel. It is about 15 minutes from town, which without the backpack great is. When I arrived I got a ride from the Blue Bridge Ferry shuttle and when I left I got a ride from the hosel. There is free wifi and after dinner you get chocolate cake and ice-cream. The hosts are lovely.

Taupo Urban Retreat, Taupo, New Zealand
19th Dec 2013

I thought the hostel was good. It was a 5 minute walk to the bars, shops and the supermarket. The staff is awesome! Really nice and they help you really well. They can book activities for you which is free of charge and help you with the choice between the different stores. That have every night a 5 dollar Chili Meal and for 7 dollars you get a drink as well. The common areas are clean, but the bedsheets should be washed better. I found hairs on there that weren't mine.

Rotorua Downtown Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
15th Dec 2013

I thought it is a really nice hostel. Definetly would go back. The staff is really nice and the free wifi works really well. Besides that you get free pasta, rice, coffee and tea, which is also very nice. The rooms are quite big, a bit warm tough because of the window in the ceiling.

Wake Up! Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia
6th Dec 2013

I though the hostel was really nice, but because it is so big it is harder to meet people. It would be nice if the kitchen would be bigger, because it is way to small for so many people! The staff is alright. There a few that aren't as nice/welcoming as the rest. The location is awesome!

Hi There, Thanks for your feedback! On your next visit with us make sure you join in on all of our daily and nightly activities, its the easiest way to meet everyone in our big hostel. Hope to see you again soon :)

Backpackers Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
4th Dec 2013

I had a really good time here even tough i had a rough start. I booked a 4 bed-dorm room, but go an eight. So the owner(anna) who also picked us up from the greyhound, switched me to a 4 bed dorm room, even tough the hostel was almost fully booked. You have good8 free wifi, a free meal on monday and wednesday and the people who are staying in the hostel are really relaxed. And not to forget Larry, the best hostel dog i've met :)

Beachside Backpackers, Port Macquarie, Australia
1st Dec 2013

It was a really nice hostel. It is a house and because of that it feels like you are at home. It is near to the beach and the shopping area. They have good free wifi and you can get bikes and boards for free as well. The only thing that if you want to stay longer, you probably have to switch rooms. Even if you booked it, so the option for me was; go to a mixed room and stay there 2 days or go to a female room, but you have to move tomorrow.

Central Backpackers, Coffs Harbour, Australia
27th Nov 2013

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Australia. The staff was awesome, especially the manager. Really Clean. It is a bit far from the beach about a 40 minute walk, but it is 5 minutes to the shopping street and supermarket. The cinema is 25 minute walk and the botanic gardens 15 minutes. You def. want to go to the gardens. Very nice. For the dutchies there is a Clog Barn(20minutes) where they sell dutch pastries. A bit overpriced, but always nice to eat something familair.

Nomads Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia
26th Nov 2013

I thought it was a really nice hostel. A bit overpriced, but I was there when there were schoolies, but they didn't really cause a problem. Bathrooms were really nice and I think this hostel has the best pillows I've had!

Backpackers Holiday Village, Byron Bay, Australia
19th Nov 2013

This hostel was great! I got an upgrade from a dorm room to a apartment. (If you book it, i think it is only $3 more, thats what someone told me, and you should def. do that) It was like a little house and you share a room with 3 others. You have a bathroom, kitchen and lounge + tv for the eight of you. A bit far from the beach, but you will see the entire shopping street. Countdown is a 3 minute walk and Aldi 5 minutes. Cheeky Monkeys is across the street, so you can roll back to you bed ;)

Woodduck Backpackers, Brisbane, Australia
6.6
16th Nov 2013

The hostel itself was nice, but the staff could use some training. The man at the reception was quite rude when I checked in and out. He was chaotic and checking in took a while. Then the next day when I checked out, he made me walk back upstairs, because I only brough my pillow case and not my pillow. Saying that it was my fault and he always tells that to his guests. Pretty sure he didn't. The hostel is quite far from the centre and the internet doesn't work well. Better at the YHA next door.

Caravella Central, Cairns, Australia
9th Nov 2013

This was the best and the cheapest hostel I have stayed in until now. It is $16 p.n. and incl. dinner @ the Woolshed! The rooms are very spacious and you only share with 3 other people. At night it is pretty quiet in the hostel, but that's because most people are in Woolshed, P.J. O'Brien or Gilligans. So if you would like to sleep early that's no problem.

Dougies Backpackers Resort, Port Douglas, Australia
6th Nov 2013

I really liked the hostel. It was clean, although in the middle of the night a girl knocked on my door that her rental tent was full with cockroaches. But I didn't see any.