Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 23

27th Feb 2014

Paddy's Palace Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
6.9
25th Feb 2014

The staff were friendly and the place was clean. However, the heating didn't seem to work, as the hostel was freezing. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could literally see my breath at night in my dorm room--I had to appropriate a blanket from an empty bed. Not all the showers worked, and the one that did had one setting: extremely hot.

Mec Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
22nd Feb 2014

If you wanted breakfast, you had to pay for it, but it was quite nice -- including eggs, pieces of grapefruit and cheese. The staff were friendly and the place was clean and tidy.

Paddy's Palace Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
21st Feb 2014

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Loved that I got a free tour for booking two nights. The tours they operate are great fun and I'd highly recommend doing one with this company. Breakfast was also included: simple, but they had tea (and that's important!) The location is great and close to the bus station as well as all the sights you'd want to see.

7.4
29th Dec 2013

David's Hostel was a neat place with plenty of character - I'd definitely describe it as "cozy." The staff was friendly--I arrived earlier than my scheduled time and was let in early anyway. It's a bit out of the way--you definitely have to take the U-Bahn (or the S-Bahn, about 15 minutes away) and transfer in order to get to the main heart of the metro. I liked how it had a kitchen, a microwave and a kettle and that a grocery store was literally two minutes down the street.