Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Liverpool, England

• 27th Feb 2014

Paddy's Palace Belfast

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff were friendly and the place was clean. However, the heating didn't seem to work, as the hostel was freezing. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could literally see my breath at night in my dorm room--I had to appropriate a blanket from an empty bed. Not all the showers worked, and the one that did had one setting: extremely hot.

• 25th Feb 2014

Mount Eccles Court

Dublin, Ireland

If you wanted breakfast, you had to pay for it, but it was quite nice -- including eggs, pieces of grapefruit and cheese. The staff were friendly and the place was clean and tidy.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Loved that I got a free tour for booking two nights. The tours they operate are great fun and I'd highly recommend doing one with this company. Breakfast was also included: simple, but they had tea (and that's important!) The location is great and close to the bus station as well as all the sights you'd want to see.

• 21st Feb 2014

David's Hostel was a neat place with plenty of character - I'd definitely describe it as "cozy." The staff was friendly--I arrived earlier than my scheduled time and was let in early anyway. It's a bit out of the way--you definitely have to take the U-Bahn (or the S-Bahn, about 15 minutes away) and transfer in order to get to the main heart of the metro. I liked how it had a kitchen, a microwave and a kettle and that a grocery store was literally two minutes down the street.

• 29th Dec 2013