CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Happy hour drinks were quite lovely, and the staff were very friendly and nice to talk to. Bedrooms are very spare but that's the point of a hostel. The offers for hostel-run tours were nice but too pricey to tempt me. Locks were expensive too. I wanted to leave with a receipt and this request seemed to puzzle the people at the desk, which was surprising. Shouldn't it be very easy, if not standard to print up a receipt?

We are happy to hear you liked the drinks we offer and our friendly staff. We do print receipts and normally that request wouldn't have been a problem, we apologize for this! Sometimes new staff aren't sure about things like that. Thank you for staying with us! CabanaCopa staff

Namoa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel was really impressive: very clean (bathrooms, showers, beds, hallways, everything), great facilities (WiFi, TV, refreshments, lounge), friendly hosts. I'll rate it just shy of 100% because breakfast could have been better (more fruit and juice? more things generally?), and because I don't want the accumulation of high ratings to inflate their ego. ;-) But really this is a gem of a hostel, very well run, and with a reassuring sense of security (free locks with deposit).