Albatross Backpacker Inn

Kaikoura, New Zealand

We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

• 8th Jul 2014

YHA Mt Cook

Mt Cook, New Zealand

Great staff, cosy place, has a fireplace in the general area. Great kitchen, lots of spaces to cook, good equipment. Nice vibe, great location (all hikes are close and the landscape is beautiful). First night we had an eight bedroom dorm for ourselves, second night we were with five people. No lockers in the room (haven't seen them around, didn't look for them either though). Place gets cleaned very well! Paid WiFi for non-YHA members.

• 6th Jul 2014

Laughing Kiwi Backpackers

Motueka, New Zealand

We enjoyed our stay at The Laughing Kiwi. The staff was real friendly and made sure everything was taken good care of in and around the hostel, the hostel is well maintained, clean and we loved the atmosphere. It's a cosy place, with a nice fireplace in the general room connected to the kitchen. Not too crowded during this time of the year, which we liked, but also not deserted. Close to supermarket, 20 min drive from Abel Tasman park entrance. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Good stay. For 2 nights I had a 6-pers dorm to myself. Kind staff. You can hire kayaks and bikes (and more) for free (most bikes are not safe or able for use (bad brakes or unable to actually cycle at all - but hey, it was free.. but still, be careful). The main space has a big TV, showing nice movies in the evening. Automatic lights switch off quickly while going to toilet/shower at evening/night, not handy.. Good location. Nice kitchen.And lockers in room (bring your own lock!)

• 9th May 2014

Friendly staff, fine location. Not clean, very bad smell in shower/toilet area all the time, very old facilities, my bed sheets looked like they were not washed and the bed got hairs of someone else in it.. Lockers in room (I think you need to bring a lock yourself, don't remember). I did not like the atmosphere. There's free internet which is nice, bit slow, but still. It's mostly the bad cleanliness which makes me not want to go here ever again.

• 27th Jan 2014

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Had a great stay (in a 3 and 4 pers. dorm). Great location, near Skytower. Rooms were clean, nice beds/mattresses (twin bed is a bit less). Nice terrace on the roof, nice kitchen and living area. Good atmosphere. Very kind staff. Enough nice and warm showers. Lockers available, bring your own lock. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. The wifi sucks though, you get 2-3 free hours and then you have to pay. It doesn't work properly, especially at night (when lots of people skype).

• 14th Jan 2014