Staff was really nice and friendly, location is great. Bathroom could've been better, lacked a towel to dry your hands. The shower was really hot on the 2nd floor, really hard to set the right temperature. Kitchen was alright, nice 'living room', the rooms were a bit small and I accidentally opened someone else's room with my key (as I thought I was on the right floor, turned out not to be), so that was a little weird and insecure.

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

Nice hostel, friendly staff, location is ok. Can be a bit noisy if you sleep close to the kitchen and main shared area. Kitchen was ok, not very clean, pots and pans were underaverage.

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

I really liked this hostel (solo traveler, female, 25). The staff is very friendly and helpful. Lockers in the room and you can stuff away bigger stuff at the reception. They organize nice activities (BBQ night and pizza night). They even got a pool. All is well maintained, kitchen equipment is nice, enough bathrooms and nice rooms. Washing machines and dryers were often in use. Wifi is not working great, but there is wifi.

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

Nice and special place to stay. Clean. Nice kitchen, but can be quite crowded, too small, during dinner time. Staff is kind. Security could be better, when they clean rooms they keep the doors open and leave the bins outside. Anyone could just walk in your room and take your stuff in that time. Food places all around, city centre is quite a walk, but there's a bus stop close to the hostel too.

Albatross Backpacker Inn

Kaikoura, New Zealand

We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

YHA Mt Cook

Mt Cook, New Zealand

Great staff, cosy place, has a fireplace in the general area. Great kitchen, lots of spaces to cook, good equipment. Nice vibe, great location (all hikes are close and the landscape is beautiful). First night we had an eight bedroom dorm for ourselves, second night we were with five people. No lockers in the room (haven't seen them around, didn't look for them either though). Place gets cleaned very well! Paid WiFi for non-YHA members.

Laughing Kiwi Backpackers

Motueka, New Zealand

We enjoyed our stay at The Laughing Kiwi. The staff was real friendly and made sure everything was taken good care of in and around the hostel, the hostel is well maintained, clean and we loved the atmosphere. It's a cosy place, with a nice fireplace in the general room connected to the kitchen. Not too crowded during this time of the year, which we liked, but also not deserted. Close to supermarket, 20 min drive from Abel Tasman park entrance. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Good stay. For 2 nights I had a 6-pers dorm to myself. Kind staff. You can hire kayaks and bikes (and more) for free (most bikes are not safe or able for use (bad brakes or unable to actually cycle at all - but hey, it was free.. but still, be careful). The main space has a big TV, showing nice movies in the evening. Automatic lights switch off quickly while going to toilet/shower at evening/night, not handy.. Good location. Nice kitchen.And lockers in room (bring your own lock!)

Friendly staff, fine location. Not clean, very bad smell in shower/toilet area all the time, very old facilities, my bed sheets looked like they were not washed and the bed got hairs of someone else in it.. Lockers in room (I think you need to bring a lock yourself, don't remember). I did not like the atmosphere. There's free internet which is nice, bit slow, but still. It's mostly the bad cleanliness which makes me not want to go here ever again.

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Had a great stay (in a 3 and 4 pers. dorm). Great location, near Skytower. Rooms were clean, nice beds/mattresses (twin bed is a bit less). Nice terrace on the roof, nice kitchen and living area. Good atmosphere. Very kind staff. Enough nice and warm showers. Lockers available, bring your own lock. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. The wifi sucks though, you get 2-3 free hours and then you have to pay. It doesn't work properly, especially at night (when lots of people skype).