YHA Auckland International, Auckland, New Zealand
7.7
14th Dec 2013

It's a big hostel in Auckland, meaning you won't get the homie feeling but it's a totaly ok place to stay while in Auckland. As in most places I've been to not enough spaces to plug in chargers but otherwise the rooms are ok, staff is nice and wifi works good. Location is good just a short walk down to city centre.

The Mousetrap Backpackers, Paihia, New Zealand
12th Dec 2013

Very nice place with good location. Rooms are nice, I especially like the big lockers where you can put away the bags so you have more place in the room. The guy who hosts the place is very helpful and nice, and the atmosphere is very friendly.

YHA Napier, Napier, New Zealand
9th Dec 2013

I liked the place would stay there again. Stayed in 2 bed room so can't say about the dorms but my room was nice. Staff nice and helpful, just a bit of a trouble that their are some hours during the day when the reception is closed. Location is good just at the beach front and just around the corner from shops and city centre. Didn't like at first that their we're only two single bathrooms at my floor that was both shower and wc but actually during the two days I stayed I never had to wait.

Accents on the Park, Nelson, New Zealand
4th Dec 2013

Love this place, definitely going to stay here next time in Nelson. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the building is really nice, nice rooms, good bathrooms, and there's several balconies where you can sit and enjoy the outdoor view. Friendly atmospehere, a common room with lots of dvds to watch together with other people. And definitely try the pub downstairs, super good food.

1st Dec 2013

Free pancakes in the morning is enough to make me give the warmest of recommandation but they also have friendly helpful staff, nice big dorms (at least the one I stayed in had more than enough space) and since Franz Josef is a small place there's no complaining about location.. The wifi was new when I was there and didn't work unless you were in the common room close to the reception but that was ok since there's nice places to sit and you could chat with fellow travellers in the meantime.

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
24th Nov 2013

One of the best places I've stayed, they've got everything right. Probably the best place in Queenstown. At least I don't want to try any place else after staying here. Booked for a couple of nights at first but just kept prolonging my stay.. The dorm (with bathroom) I had was great, beds were so big and comfy, everyone had their own sockets and nightlight. Security box under the bed to put stuff. Staff is so much fun and help you with everything you can think of. I want to go back now...!

The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers, Wellington, New Zealand
6.9
17th Nov 2013

Room was ok but bathroom facilities poor. If you like bar atmosphere I guess you'd like it since the bar is part of the building. One socket for a six bed dorm (if you don't count the one close to the roof that you had to climb two other beds to reach) I find not enough. Location is good though and wifi is free, didn't work during my stay but think it was an exception.

Rainbow Lodge Backpackers, Taupo, New Zealand
13th Nov 2013

This is my favourite hostel in the world :) The staff is just the best, so nice and helpful with whatever you need! The hostel and all facilities gives a very nice feeling, good atmosphere, and they have a sauna wich is very comfy. I must say I really like Taupo as well, I was just passing by on my way down to the south but ended up staying for several days. Don't know if it was mostly because of the hostel or the town, but go there and see for yourself!!