I stayed 4 days in this hostel and it was the best place in a 6 weeks China trip. Staff is more than nice and helpful, the place has an awesome atmosphere and on arrival, the gave me three coupons for free beer at their bar and a coupon for cake (50% off). Everything was perfectly clean (if it wasn't for a person directly before me in the bathroom leaving it dirty). The location is superb - 15 mins walk from the railway station and all the nice places withing walking distance. Recommendation!!

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Dear, Thanks for your review !we are so glad u had a nice time in our hostel .Hope see u again !

I changed to this place beacause I did not book in advance for the weekend in "Blue Mountain - the bund" Hostel, which was fully booked. The entrance area looks quite crappy but the other parts are clean and nice. Although it is 2 mins from the metro station, the location is maybe not ideal as you need to change metro twice most of the time. The Hostel itself is a good place to stay. Staff is friendly and bathrooms are clean but in the morning before the cleaning person comes.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Austria

This Hostel has the ideal location to explore the city. There is a really good noodle restaurant beside it. Staff is friendly and there is a nice terrace. I recommend you to stay here. There is also everything for doing your laundry.

• 21st Nov 2013

JW Hostel

Hangzhou, China

It was hard to find because the directions given by the hostel are simply wrong and staff does not react to it in any way. Staff speaks barely enough English to understand my simple questions. They try their best to help but sometimes just don't get what you're saying. Everything is clean, except the toilets (horrible!), which is why I gave them only "average" in that point. The showers, sheets and bathrooms are perfect. It seems as if only chinese people are staying here.

• 16th Nov 2013

Showbiz Inn at West Street

Yangshuo, China

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Staff speaks good English and is very friendly and helpful at all times. The location is ideal, as it is next to the river some metres into a backlane which makes it a calm place to sleep. It is the cleanest place I stayed in my one month's China trip until now. The only drawback is that the wifi connection is pretty slow. There are washing machines and extra showers in the 5th floor from where you can watch a stunning sunrise. Recommendation to stay here

• 13th Nov 2013

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

I had a nice stay in Wada Hostel, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and speaks very good English. The rooms are clean and the communal areas are really comfortable. The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but they are okay. There are washing machines free to use which is great. The only thing you might avoid is taking a shower before check in. The common bathroom is cold and has a horrible concrete floor. I can tell that it's also cold there in the middle of november...

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Thank you for your review! Please note that our common bathroom is restricted only to our staff as all guests have access to their own private washrooms, which are all tiled. =) We made an exceptional case for you as you requested that you really needed to take a shower after your long trip and your room wasn't ready at the moment. We're still very happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Rest assured, Wada is always committed to giving our guests the most comfortable experience.