One Stop Hostel Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I ended up staying here 12 nights! It's very clean, new facility with great shower pressure (warm water too!), 4 different WiFi signals, and in an amazing spot close to Pub St. The staff is great. Laundry in-house is $2/kg.

Royal Inn

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great free breakfast. The desk staff is very helpful. There is a security guard on duty at all times, so it makes you feel at ease while in PP. The rooms are 'to die for' luxury for a backpacker, so I quite enjoyed the American shower - in a tub!!

Funky Monkey Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

It's a bit dirty and rundown. But if you are staying for just a few nights in Vientiane, might as well make it here for only a few dollars for a bed. There are no individual lights on the bed, so if you go out, bring your cell phone flashlight or a torch for late night entrances into the room!

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Very social hostel, I loved the BBQ and then we all went out to Khao San Rd together. Clean, BIG beds in the dorm. It shows up on Google Maps if the directions are too confusing for you. I thought they were perfect together.

Dozy House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Gina is awesome! She helped me figure out exactly where to go with a map and all. And I can't say enough good things about the shower here! Super hot, lots of pressure, I probably stood there for 20 min my first night. Gina will also do a BIG basket of your laundry for 80 baht and it will be ready the next day.

Slumber Party Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Honestly, I have nothing but great things to say about this establishment. Edmund and Maria go above and beyond each day and do customer service right. They will know your name as soon as you check in, take you on camping trips/island tours and help book your ferry when you want to leave *sniff*sniff! It is evident that this is their passion and while they joke and kick back for a few laughs with you, they are dead serious to make sure you leave happier than you came in. Love this place!

Patong Backpacker Hostel

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

I paid a deposit for a few nights stay and showed up 1 hour late after an international flight. The woman at first "lost" my reservation. Then admitted she sold my room because I was late. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Five Stones Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

My first hostel I stayed in during my first trip to Asia! What a great facility. The front desk is super helpful and everything is oh-so clean!

Thomas's Hotel on Hereford

Christchurch, New Zealand

Fantastic! They are open! Stayed there Jan 18, 2014. Still working out small kinks, so be patient. Best shower and most comfortable blankets!

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

I wanted something more "jail-ey", maybe them locking me up or something?! Hahah! But in all seriousness, this hostel is in a GREAT spot. Go here if you want some cafes and bars in the evening.

The Witch's Hat

Perth, Australia

The bunk beds are super squeaky and this hostel takes some walking to if you want public transportation to catch the blue line bus (solid 10-15 min walk). Perth, in general, is overpriced for what it is. This hostel is no exception. You have to pay by the minute for WiFi after already forking over $30+ for a night in a bunk bed. At least the front desk has a smile on their face and is super polite.

Nomads Esplanade

Cairns, Australia

I never stayed here, but the staff was kind enough not to charge me for my stay when there was a SNAFU with my flight. Thanks :)

Bamboo Beach

Nadi, Fiji

Great place to stay just after arriving or just before departing to the airport. Free WiFi in Bamboo Cafe only, so put on some mosquito repellent when you go there to hangout!

Bluewater Lodge

Nadi, Fiji

Loved this place! If I'm ever in Nadi again, I will for sure come back!