• USA, Female, 18-24
Academy Hostel, Florence, Italy
20th Nov 2013

Loved staying here! Loved Florence and wouldn't even think to stay anywhere else for the next time I visit! :D My only possible complaint was that there was no form of protein at breakfast, but free snacks and wine made up for that, I think. Keep up the good work!

• USA, Female, 18-24
Zebra Hostel, Milan, Italy
5.1
18th Nov 2013

While I feel I got what I payed for, with the stay being so cheap, the entire hostel was very dirty and smelled of various things, from mold, to sewage, to smelly feet. Also, I didn't feel safe at all. The doors didn't have locks and were very flimsy. While there were lockers, no locks were provided, and that would've been fine if the hostel felt safe. It didn't. The last night I stayed there, I was awoken at one in the morning by angry shouting, bangs, and breaking bottles. The cops came.