Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Staying in the hostel was almost like staying in a palace. The building was awesome, and I loved how comfy the beds were and how they had real pillows, fresh sheets, single beds, and the rooms werent overcrowded. Never once did I feel unsafe there. The buffet breakfast was really good and well worth the 6 euros. My only criticisms are no kitchen, the internet was uncooperative at times, and the bathrooms didnt compare to the rest of the hostel. Would definitely stay again!

The security and the staff at the hostel were awesome, and the rooms didn't have bunk beds which was a huge plus. It was quite close to the cathedral and all of the good sites in Cologne. The breakfast, while not included was quite cheap! And the showers were the better than my own at home! My only criticisms are the lack of wifi in the rooms and in the bathrooms there wasn't anything to dry my hands with. Other than that it's an amazing hostel and I'd stay there again.

Dover Castle Hostel and Bar

The hostel wasn't too bad, but the security really bothered me. Everything was done by old school key, and I haven't seen that in any of the hostels I've stayed in except this one. The reception was also in the basement, so how would they know if anything was going on? The showers were a bit gross. The staff were fairly helpful, but one was complaining about quitting as she was checking me in (that leaves a great impression right?) Close to the tube though, so location was never a problem.

Smart Hyde Park Inn

This was my first time staying is a hostel so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff seemed friendly enough & were helpful when I asked, although I thought it was odd to ask for my card key to borrow a fork. What irked me the most was the group partying until 3am both nights, & a very large group checking into my room at 1am one night. Seriously 1 am? People are sleeping or trying to! I did like the curtain on the bed, & the only cleanliness issue was the mold in the shower. Not a bad place

Thank you very much for the good words and your comments. We are sorry for the late check in and partying people but we have no influence on the flights/buses schedules of our guests and we cannot refuse to check in our guests just because they arrive late. About the partying group: we are really sorry. We did our best to keep them quiet. Hope you'll stay with us again. HPI Staff