Asylum Cairns, Cairns, Australia
28th Apr 2016

Asylum was a blast! Loved the staff and clientele, such a great atmosphere. Toilets/showers could be a bit better, but otherwise, it was lovely, totally worth it and the Pants Down party every Thursday night was fabulous. Love this place!!!

The Jack Backpackers, Cairns, Australia
7.4
23rd Apr 2016

I only stayed one night at The Jack, it was ok for the most part but I thought the people in the dorm room I shared were sort of jerks. It would be nice if the hostel had individual lights on each bed that can be shut off as needed, because there is only one main light and people get fussy about when it should be turned off. Also, this is a really loud venue on weekend nights as they pointed out, just didn't realize they don't actually stop at 1am, it's a bit later than that. The food is great!

Hump Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
19th Apr 2016

I did like my stay at Hump, the staff were really helpful and nice (especially the guy with dreadlocks - super nice and friendly!) but I think it was a bit too much of a party hostel for my liking. It definitely caters to a much younger crowd and as such is not quiet at all much of the time, and especially on the weekends. It is extremely close to the Kings Cross metro station which was really helpful for getting around Sydney.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
Demani Lodge, Paje, Tanzania
24th Dec 2015

Demani Lodge was really great. We had some of our stuff stolen at the beach, but Lynn and Issa were amazing, they helped us liaise with the Paje Police and even helped look for our stuff. They are truly dedicated to their customers , and really made the stay, in spite of the misfortunate occurrence, to be great. I would highly recommend anyone who comes to Paje to stay at Demani , you won't be disappointed. The food was good, the rooms were nice (albeit small, but thats ok). Love Demani!

• USA, Female, 25-30
Auberge Miko, Grand Bay, Mauritius
25th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Auberge Miko. Lena and Vivek were very cordial and welcoming and also very helpful in suggesting activities and making them happen. The location was also walkable to the beach and the supermarket is very nearby. The only things that I did not like about my stay there were that the shower had VERY low water pressure and the breakfast that was available was a bit expensive for what you actually received (coffee or tea and bread with jam/butter and that was 3 euros!).

• USA, Female, 25-30
Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
23rd May 2014

I totally dig Shoestrings. Rob, the owner/manager, is absolutely wonderful! Everytime I come to Johannesburg I stay at his lodge and I love it every time. It could perhaps be a bit cleaner and the beds could be a bit more comfortable, but I think that Rob's amazingness and willingness to help with anything just makes it completely worthwhile. I couldn't fathom staying anywhere in Johannesburg except for Shoestrings!