Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

This is not the fault of the hostel, but there was a great deal of very loud noise just outside the hostel into the wee hours of the morning, each night and morning. The city of Oxford needs a noise ordinance.

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

The only problem I have with this hostel, and it is a small one, is there are two common areas, each of which, by itself, is too small. One is smoking and one is nonsmoking. I cannot stand to be around cigarette smoke, and so could not use the smoking common area. There is insufficient space in the nonsmoking common area for the number of people. For me, a much better arrangement would be to ban smoking throughout the hostel so that both common areas can be used by all.

Generator Hostel London

Excellent in every way!

The toilet and shower facilities in this hostel are inadequate. I usually had to wait in line for a while for either. I tried getting up an hour earlier to avoid the "rush" and it made little difference.For one of the showers I tried to use, only steaming hot water would come out, while for another shower only cold water would come out. For one of the showers I tried to use, only a trickle of water would come out. The bathrooms were always pretty filthy. The "lockers" are extremely small.

Wombats City Hostel London

This is a 5-star hostel! Even though it costs a little more than most hostels, the extra expense is well worth it.

St Christopher's Greenwich

The only objection I have about this hostel is the routes to and from the rooms are rather long, narrow passageways and hallways, and several of the doors one has to go through open INWARDS only. If there is a fire, it will be difficult to evacuate the building quickly, if at all.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Guest safety is our top priority, and we have many fire exits to be able to exit the building in the event of an emergency, and our staff are trained regularly on how to react in emergencies, ensuring that all guests would be able to leave the building swiftly and safely. Safe travels, the St. Christopher's Greenwich team.

Barmy Badger Backpackers

The neighbourhood is very nice and lots of stores and restaurants close by. The location is somewhat remote from central London, but if its location is where you need to be, I highly recommend it. One aspect that makes it very convenient is it has a clothes washer and dryer.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger! We are pleased you had a good stay and would recommend us!

The Horse and Stables

The Horse & Stables is very clean and the room I stayed in had more room than most hostel rooms. The only problem is the hallways to the rooms are somewhat of a maze and some of the doors only open inward so that if there is a fire it may be difficult to get out.

YHA London St Pancras

An item this hostel has that most don't, that is very convenient, is washing machines and dryers. I didn't have to lug my laundry across town to wash it.

The Walrus Hostel

The characterisation "you get what you pay for" pretty much applies. The location is not all that bad but it isn't great either. This hostel is somewhat dirty. On the other hand, its probably one of the cheapest hostels in London. So take your pick--stay here if you want something cheap and are willing to deal with these drawbacks; or stay somewhere else for better facilities but that cost more.