High Street Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

• 10th Jun 2014

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Very nice hostel- friendly, enthusiastic staff, great location, fairly comfortable, and sufficient room for cooking, eating, and just chilling. Only suggestion: I stayed in the 18 person dorm, and the blinds didn't really do anything about shutting out the light, and therefore I was woken up every day at around 5 (or whenever the sun rises) because it was REALLY bright, and the same goes for trying to fall asleep. If possible, install heavier blinds, but it is a relatively small issue.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

It is bright for the most part on the UK summer days so we will take that into consideration! We have recently purchased new blinds for a few of our rooms so hopefully 201 will get it's special treatment soon too! it was very nice to have you guys, hope you return soon :)

Russell Scott Backpackers

Leeds, England

Nice hostel, definitely comfortable! However, finding it is really difficult, so if possible, add better directions from the train station to the hostel. Also, a label outside would be nice, because I was unsure if it was the right place when I first arrived. The front door was also always unlocked (I wasn't out at night, though) when there was nobody at the desk, which I don't think is a huge issue as it seems to be a safe area, but still.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hotel Jorgensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Overall, good hostel! The beds were relatively comfortable, and I met interesting people! The staff were really nice and friendly! Showers are very warm and nice, and bathrooms are close to the rooms and include a towel. The only slightly concerning feature was that I could simply ask for the key to my room without showing any ID- I don't think this would be a real security issue since someone is at the desk 24 hours, but it still surprised me slightly.

• 22nd Nov 2013