Pension Miami

Barcelona, Spain

Riad Ouassaggou

Imlil, Morocco

Mohamed was a truely great host, giving me great tips on day hikes from the hostal in the surrounding magical mountains. The home cooked food was incredible after my daily 7 hour hikes and the hostal is located a nice distance from the more hectic village. An incredible retreat that I would recommend for anyone day hiking or as a stop off before asending Toubukal.

Riad Dar Tamlil

Marrakech, Morocco

An incredible oasis of calm a stones throw away from the bustle of the souks. I stopped off here for one night before hiking in the Atlas mountains and returned for a day and night to relax on my way back down. The roof terrace and mint tea are a paradise and Abdul is a gracious and caring host. top marks, fully recommended

Hostal Santillan

Madrid, Spain

• 30th Nov 2013

Los Palmeros Hostel

Gran Canaria, Spain

• 29th Nov 2013

El Warung Cave Hostel

Gran Canaria, Spain

After my trip across 6 Spanish and Moroccan cities and villages it is so very easy to recommend El Warung Cave Hostal as the best of a bunch of wonderful places I stayed on a two week hiking and city break. If I could I would give marks beyond the 'excelent' choice available, I really cannot sum up the incredible environment and atmosphere of the area and the hostal which was made so special by the genuine dedication of Manuel to making sure that his guests had a truly magical experience!

• 26th Nov 2013