Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 21

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

I was given a free upgrade to a private room instead of the dorm bed I had booked. Patrick and his son also made me feel at home and were always very helpful, especially when Patrick drew me a map for hiking. The only thing I would criticize about this hostel is that it is partly decrepit-the shower handle came off when I tried to change the temperature and the curtains in the room came down, too. However, the great atmosphere in this hostel totally makes up for that + it's close to the falls!

• 21st Dec 2013

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Check-in is only possible after 3 pm, I would have preferred if this had been mentioned somewhere on this site. The hostel itself was clean, the staff was very friendly and the kitchen is very well equipped so that I did not feel the need to buy food in the basement. If you want to lock in your luggage, make sure you bring your own lock. I did not like the fact that there was no WiFi in the room, but otherwise would recommend the place as an affordable, central accommodation in Toronto.

• 19th Dec 2013

Thank you for the feedback. 3pm is the latest our rooms need to be ready for everybody. Our housekeeping staff gives us the status of the rooms as they are completed, so many of them actually are good to go before 3pm. If not, we are happy to give you access to all the facilities of the hostel including showers, free lockers (bring a lock!), kitchen, wifi all that good stuff. Really, is just the bed that might not be ready too early.