Reviews: bcnucksgirl87502

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Samba Green Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Carlos and his staff at Samba Green are awesome!! Carlos really cares about the feedback from his guests and he is always making sure everyone's experience is exactly what they wanted. The hostel has a great atmosphere, really easy to meet people here. Depending on the time of year, it can be a nice chill place, or on the busier times there is always a party near by. Not far from any beaches or metro. I would definitely recommend Samba Green :) MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY !!!!

• 19th Apr 2014

Banana Beach Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

the only good thing was the rooftop patio/pool. hostel was dirty, staff did implement rules and they let guests smoke INSIDE bar. I did like the staff members but was upset they let guests drink in the rooms and be loud all night. I was very disappointed considering this hostel had high rating. Then i found out they cater to one specific group of guests. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 5th Apr 2014

HI Hostel Canasvieiras

Florianopolis, Brazil

Good location in Canasvieiras, although if you get a room on the main street, bring ear plugs because it is quite noisey (not the hostels fault, just a tip). The breakfast was good, the staff was helpful and tried their best helping me in english. There werent many guests when i stayed so it was quiet and very clean. I find the HI hostels a bit cold feeling, good use some warmth and decoration. I would reccomend this hostel for a nice stay in Canasvieiras.

• 30th Mar 2014

HI Floripa Hostel Centro

Florianopolis, Brazil

Good location and the staff were nice (except one night guy). The hostel itself is a bit cold feeling. It would be easy to put a mirror in the rooms or some art... the outside patio is nice but not utilized very well. Breakfast was a bit boring but good kitchen to make other meals. If you are coming to Santa Catarina Island, do not stay in Centro for more than one night, it is easy to see in one day, and everything shuts down on the weekends during the day.;

• 28th Mar 2014

Hostel Bambu

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

There is nothing i could say bad about this amazing place. the outdoor area is awesome! ALL the staff were great! breakfast was good. the bed was the most comfortable i slept in in months, air conditioner was perfect, great showers. I wish i could have stayed here for longer. Most hostels could learn a lot from this enviroment.

• 24th Mar 2014

Hey April Thanks for your comment. It was really good have you with us, hope some day you can come back to stay with us for a longer time. Have a nice travel. Cheers!

Villa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Arthur&Daniel were great. I stumbled upon a time when i was one of the few females and probably one of two english speaking guests. I still felt comfortable, just a bit awkward. The hostel obviously does not have a "keep quiet!" time because i was kept up until 4am (had to wake up @ 6am for a flight) from all the guys up talking and smoking directly outside my room. the air conditioner is linked to the smoke room so you can imagine how my lungs felt the next morning. not the best neighborhood :S

• 23rd Mar 2014

Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

Kitchen and outdoor area pretty nice. The rain is clearly not hostels fault but did not make a very good effort cleaning up the water that went inside hostel. i walked through puddles to and from my room and bathroom. Average hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014

. You walked through puddles to, from your room and bathroom ? Please be a bit more positive, life is good you just need to know how to live it. If you coming back one day, do not forget to bring your water boots. :) X

Che Lagarto hostel Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Ilha Grande is so amazing. This hostel was great! Breakfast was good, location is lovely. I don't think any other hostel is over looking the water like this one. I liked how it was not in the middle of the village. The male staff was nice, but only one girl was friendly. The others just acted like we imposed on their house (pretty sure they all live at the hostel) for such a big chain of hostels I don't think they should be acting this way. That is my only complaint though! Definitely recommend!

• 16th Mar 2014

Samba Green Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel was so friendly!! It was my very first time in a hostel, what a great experience!!! Carlos and his staff are soo friendly and helpful!! The location is quiet, so don´´t expect a close walk to Copacabana or Lapa. I liked the feel. My only suggestion is to maybe have some board games or other things for guests to do on a slower, quieter night. I will be back !

• 8th Mar 2014